Thread: Kilgore Falls aka Falling Branch

Default Kilgore Falls aka Falling Branch

Kilgore Falls aka Falling Branch
    Rocks State Park

The Falling Branch Area of Rocks State Park is a 67 acre parcel of land which is home to Kilgore Falls, a scenic and tranquil section of Falling Branch, a tributary of Deer Creek, which is tucked back into the ravines of Northern Harford County, creating Maryland's second highest vertical waterfall. This non-developed, environmentally sensitive area has a serene hiking trail leading back to the waterfall. Pets are allowed but must be on leashes at all times. Falling Branch is located five miles north of Rocks. Continue north on Route 24, turn left on St. Mary's Road then right onto Falling Branch Road and proceed to parking area on the right. There are no picnic tables, grills or restrooms in the area.

Official Park Website: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan...ral/rocks.html

Parking
    Latitude: 3941'23.80"N
    Longitude: 7625'22.13"W

The Falls
    Latitude: 3941'33.79"N
    Longitude: 7625'37.10"W

I really love this spot but if you want some alone time there for shots without people wondering around you need to get there early. Sometimes the gate is locked if you get there early, I just park on the side of the road near the parking lot.

A few of my photos of the falls.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails falls01.jpg  
    Last edited by Dan; 01-11-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Level 1 User

Ive been swimming up there. Really fun place. My ex-gf learned the hard way the rocks can get slick. Some stitches taught her that.

Very cool Dan, nice photos!

beautiful photos... what kind of camera are you using for this shot? I have done a few shots like this before. I slow down the shutter speed, but the picture is always too dark unless i do the darkroom processing myself. how can i keep the picture well lit, but get the motion of the water without developing the print myself?

I do not go as much to shoot now that the branch has been cut down.