Thread: St. Mary's

Level 3 User

Default St. Mary's

I was talking with Rednissan2000 and we figured allot of people never got to see "Hell House" before getting torched\destroyed or experience it when it was fun, the first 2 pix are from 1985 (was being used as some type of help mission for india at the time)when we first started going there, we never got pix of the inside do to Rufus and his dogs , you always went empty handed so you could run cause that was the whole point of going back then . The 3rd pix is Rufus's house we used to sit over at simkins upper level parking and shine a 1,000,000 candle power light at his house just to piss him off before going up there (made for a more exciting time) . The 4th pix is shortly after the 2nd fire (kinda creepy). The 5th is how it stands now . This place was the best of the best.

Also a word of caution for you guys that wear the paper mask and the paint respirators it doesn't protect you from asbestos, you need filters designed for asbestos (3m 2091). We seen a couple of guys the other week at another place they were wearing the paper mask, we asked them why? they said for asbestos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  
    Last edited by iNsAnE; 06-27-2006 at 04:54 AM.

Cool pics! Any idea what they are gonna do with that property now?

quite depressing.

They will most likely put homes up there. Ellicott city is money.
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

That was so sad. I only caught on to the hell house after they started tearing it down. As far as I know they never tore down the cross in the woods....that was the only part I got to explore

Level 2 User

it is pretty sad. i really wanted to go there, considering my good buddy lives literally across the road from hell house. it was too late though

Quote Originally Posted by borshnokoff
    it is pretty sad. i really wanted to go there, considering my good buddy lives literally across the road from hell house. it was too late though
    You could always poke around the burnt paper mill down there, just watch out for that security guy.

Default Security

I was out there one night waiting for Insane to show up when that clown security guard came over & asked me to leave & I was parked no where near Simpkins. And him & I had one helluva sceaming match. And to make a long story short, I stayed, Insane showed up & no police showed up whatsoever.

Level 3 User

Worked there for a week many years ago, the place is pretty big inside, 3 huge pulpers, a couple smaller ones, 2 main paper machines about 2 city blocks long, they were still intact last time I was down there, the upper section was mostly storage for blocks of paper to be recycled, The last time I spoke to anyone down there was 2003 just after the mill burned down and security is there because of the claim dispute for insurance. All of the boarded up houses are property of the mill to, just in case you were wondering.

As for Hell House property it will probably be high dollar town homes being that it is privately owned, just a guess.

I didn't realize that they tore the remains down! It's been a while since I had been up that way...but as horrible of shape as it was in, the remnants still made for good pictures like the 4th photo you posted.