Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patuxent metal hospital security

Exclamation Patuxent metal hospital security

-Zac

Damn! They're getting serious there!

BTW, that is a really old sat image. It makes the place look untouched. Buildings on there that no longer exist.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Hahaha i saw it and laughed, I heard from a guy who has good connections with his friends cousin who says that they make biplane rounds every 30 minutes.
    -Zac

Level 1 User

Zac, is that you?

I dont believe the 30 minute biplane thing. You know how an operation like that costs? Besides, there is nothing there to guard. All the security is at the new facility. They little golf carts on the ground, but they have not caught anyone I know of yet.

I got apprehended here this past weekend and it was serious business. I had a Sony NX Cam and my friend had a Canon 7D and they stopped us and took our cameras away. We were told to get them monday but when we got there they said we can't get them until tuesday. We said "no no that wont due" and then they said ok but you cant have the memory cards. We finally bartered and begged until they just let us delete the footage on the grounds. They showed mercy by not persecuting.

Damn man, that sucks, but at least you didn't get charged. Have you tried to recover your images from your card?
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Level 1 User

Any ideas how you got caught? I read somewhere else that they have cameras on the main road and will send security out after you and wait until you return.

they rolled up on us in a white car. they have them patrol often now and then they call up extra security when they catch you and they will try to take equipment.

Default Cops at the Bar also

We parked at the "Bar" close by and they called the cops on us. When we came out of the woods to our car, the local police were waiting at our car. My husband and I and teenage daughter went. Since we looked like just a boring old family with nothing in our hands, they let us go. This was in November 2010. Guess the "Bar" calls the cops for sure! I shall never patron that place! We use to live close by when it was a friendly neighborhood. Not now!

But while we were in the woods, a couple sneaked up on us. Dressed up! Out of nowhere! Scared us to death. They asked us for directions to the hospital. Very weird experience there. I may never return!

You can thank a former member for his "Urbex Tourism" he blatantly made public.
    ECUE

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    You can thank a former member for his "Urbex Tourism" he blatantly made public.

Ugh... THAT guy. Pleade don't even make me think about it. It hurts my heart. When I found out that I stumbled upon the guy who actually did that on FB I wanted to rip his stomach out, pull it over his head & punch him in his stomach face. Epic FAIL.
    Amanduh_L3igh

Shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, & teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by mandarine0601 View Post
    Ugh... THAT guy. Pleade don't even make me think about it. It hurts my heart. When I found out that I stumbled upon the guy who actually did that on FB I wanted to rip his stomach out, pull it over his head & punch him in his stomach face. Epic FAIL.
    This?
    http://www.tbd.com/articles/2011/03/...lum-56459.html
    ECUE

I don't think people understand what harm they can do by posting real names to a location, as well as backing that up with photos of it. Urban exploring isn't supposed to be some tourist pass time, all though it's treat like one. No joke, It's serious business.

Yup... that'd be it

Quote Originally Posted by TMDtheUE View Post
    I don't think people understand what harm they can do by posting real names to a location, as well as backing that up with photos of it. Urban exploring isn't supposed to be some tourist pass time, all though it's treat like one. No joke, It's serious business.
    Exactly. They don't realize one wrong trip can change the course of a location forever.
    Amanduh_L3igh

Shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, & teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Level 1 User

Well here's a dumb question: Has any property owner ever been sued by an urb-exer who got hurt on the property? I know urb-exers, or wannabes, have gotten hurt, even killed, but no reports of lawsuit that I've ever seen. It's had to have happened. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by nunyrdambizness View Post
    Well here's a dumb question: Has any property owner ever been sued by an urb-exer who got hurt on the property? I know urb-exers, or wannabes, have gotten hurt, even killed, but no reports of lawsuit that I've ever seen. It's had to have happened. Right?
    Maybe.... maybe not. It depends alot on whether there are no tresspassing signs posted on the property.
    Amanduh_L3igh

Damn! "Hood watch" sold out for a few extra flickr hits, huh?!

I know that dude Pat haha. What a douche...

.... im surprised I didnt see this thread...
    and more surprised no one realizes there is a small airport down the street from this place lol

but hey.. if it keeps more people away... im all for passing this info around lol

Beware the biplane!

Quote Originally Posted by FahQ View Post
    Damn! "Hood watch" sold out for a few extra flickr hits, huh?!

I know that dude Pat haha. What a douche...
    Didn't you know?
    The path to enlightenment is paved with flickr hits/comments.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Anyone been in recently? I haven't been in a few years. I was in the area and stopped by to see what had changed and the guard shack that used to be empty was manned by two guards. What kind of condition are the buildings in now?