Thread: Hello

Level 1 User

Default Hello

Hi Everyone. I'm hoping to get back into this, uh, sport. I used to do some pretty sketchy "suburban" exploring with friends back in high school. Old buildings, radio towers, water tanks and that kind of stuff. Probably some stuff that you guys would frown upon. (what, it's wrong to hit the guards with frozen paintballs?) We were basically the high school cross country team looking for a little extra running practice... No joke. The good old days...

Anyway, I got an engineering degree and a real job and pretty much assumed exploring anywhere other than a state park was over for me. I do a lot of environmental work now, sometimes a bit covertly, so I ended up on this site looking at the conduit pics. I had no idea that I wasn't alone in the pipes!

I don't have any good pictures of my own to post right now, the ones I have are so old they would have to be dug out of a box and scanned. I might be a little bit rusty, but I'd really like to find someone to explore with. I just don't have the nuts anymore to lurk around abandoned buildings solo, especially not in the city.

Welcome to the site! Sounds like your into a lot of the same stuff I am.

Level 1 User

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't go out alone even if it wasn't the city. It is always good to have a buddy there to run and get an ambulance if a floor collapses or you fall down a pit or something. Aside from the danger that can be caused by decaying buildings, you can also run into squatters, hobos, and muggers. Always travel in a pack!