Thread: Hello from Damascus, Maryland

Default Hello from Damascus, Maryland

Hey y'all.

I am new to the forum, but not to the hobby. I started out way way back when I was 12 with friends. We explored paper mills, asylums, hospitals and anywhere else we could get into. I never really got into the forums or social side of the hobby before.

I recently left the military after 13 years and went reserves. I have been lucky enough to urbex sites in Iraq, Afghanistan and Haiti in my travels.

I was more of a pure explorer in the old days, but have gotten more and more into photography. My photos can be found here: http://itineranturbex.tumblr.com

I explore mainly with a close friend, but do a lot of solo exploring as well. I usually go for abandonments. Less draining and rooftopping than in my younger days, not that I am old per se. I have been known to go upwards of 300 plus miles for a good hack and look forward to any meet ups or gatherings.
    Last edited by Alex; 12-13-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Hello Welcome to the forum.
    I like your photography on your tumblr, nice work. Looking forward to seeing some of your work posted here.

-Alex-
    MD/DE-crew

Thanks Alex.

I'm catching up with great sites in this region before they all go away.

Although with the current economic situation, I do not see that happening soon. It costs more to demo than to let places crumble.