Thread: Infrared Photography

Default Infrared Photography

So I am finally sending off my 20D to have it converted by LifePixel for full time IR. Should be pretty cool and I am so excited to finally getting this done. My hope is that once I get the camera back, and since I have a second 20D I'll be able to take one regular image of a scene and on IR and then smush them together in photoshop. Should have it back in 15 days or so depending on how swamped they are.

I've always wanted to do that, I might do it when I upgrade. Can't wait to see how they look. How much is this procedure costing?

Quote Originally Posted by TMDtheUE View Post
    I've always wanted to do that, I might do it when I upgrade. Can't wait to see how they look. How much is this procedure costing?
    I would go on to say maybe a couple hundred? But for now the Hoya is good enough. A little more work involved though.
    ECUE

Quote Originally Posted by TMDtheUE View Post
    It would have cost over $400 including shipping but they had a sweet sale on reduced it to $250, came out to about $300 with shipping and insurance.

Got the camera back last Wednesday and I'll be heading out to Antietam tomorrow to do some serious testing.

Yes, a Hoya filter works fine on a un moded camera however this causes the shutter speed to be reduced to the point you can't do hand held shots. A modfiied camera will allow for hand held and quicker shutter speeds.

Here's the gallery of images I took this weekend. I need to get my post processing down as they still aren't exactly what I wanted, but it's good for now.

http://www.jrslaterphotography.com/I...16258157_nNfmb