Thread: 12 hours in jail

Unhappy 12 hours in jail

I just spent that last 12 hours of my day in Cecil county detention center for trespassing, burglary, theft, minor destruction of property.
    They had my bail at 150,000$ i got out at 10pm and it was the worst time in my life, I was caught coming out of the navy base, I went up there to show a friend the tome school and I had a map with me that i found there over 2 years ago.

The cop arrested me and took my map, charged me and took me to the state police barrack where I sat for 4 hours in a cell, then went to see the commissioner, he set my bail and sent me to jail to spend the night. I was surprised to hear them call my name and say i have bail.

now I have a shit load of charges and i have no idea wtf to do.. so any advice would be awesome!
    MD/DE-crew

Sorry to hear of your troubles, sounds like the Navy is getting serious. You may need to look at hiring a lawyer and seeing if you can get some of these charges dismissed.

Ouch, sorry to hear that bro.

My advice: get the best lawyer you can afford asap.

the state will most likely offer you a plea @ your case review, and my guess is it will be 1 or 2 of the misdemeanors (theft/trespassing). In the end, you may end up with fines and/or probation. Without the lawyer though, you could be looking at spending a few months in a cell...

good luck bro.
    I've been in your situation before, it sucks for sure.

Get the lawyer, you'll be fine.. and seriously, don't skimp on the lawyer, get a good one. Do not put your future in the hands of a public defender.

Also, how was your bail set @ $150,000? You only listed one felony and 3 misdemeanors, I don't understand how it was set so high. Did someone bail you out, or were you released on your own recognizance?
    dogfishheaded

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Ouch, sorry to hear that bro.

My advice: get the best lawyer you can afford asap.

the state will most likely offer you a plea @ your case review, and my guess is it will be 1 or 2 of the misdemeanors (theft/trespassing). In the end, you may end up with fines and/or probation. Without the lawyer though, you could be looking at spending a few months in a cell...

good luck bro.
    I've been in your situation before, it sucks for sure.

Get the lawyer, you'll be fine.. and seriously, don't skimp on the lawyer, get a good one. Do not put your future in the hands of a public defender.

Also, how was your bail set @ $150,000? You only listed one felony and 3 misdemeanors, I don't understand how it was set so high. Did someone bail you out, or were you released on your own recognizance?

Sorry the bail was 15,000$ lol

And I can not afford a lawyer at all, idk wtf to do rly.
    and theres more to it ..

but yea monday ima look into a pro bono lawyer i think thats what its called for a free lawyer idk .. but i need to do sumthin asap.
    MD/DE-crew

How many times have you been caught there? Your previous record isnt gonna help here either.

Been caught there a few times, detained about twice, never charged.
    I was caught leaving the Tome area, and there was some boards broke and items thrown about around the outside of the property of the school.
    All of that destruction was blamed on me, however there is no real proof that I did that, nor is there any saying I did not do that.
    The only thing I had on me was a map that I had for over two years, a point and shoot camera, book bag with some food and a small piece of wire.

They are trying to charge me on theft of the map and the wire.
    I entered the property with both items in my possession.
    I also have 1'st 3'rd & 4'th degree burglary, destruction of property, and a felony theft charge, plus trespassing.

my record is clean, I was charged with trespassing before however it did not amount to much. never theft or b/e.
    MD/DE-crew

I'm feeling your pain on this, having gone through the same crap last year. You should get some sort of legal representation, even if it's a public defender or something. Having a lawyer made all the difference for my case.

It's not going to matter that you already had the map and the wire in your possession before you entered the property because there is no way to prove that to the court, plus the map actually was from there.

Best of luck, hopefully they drop the charges down.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Is it still government property?
    ECUE

Were there any pictures from inside the building on the camera? Did you admit to anything? Sounds like that would be the only proof they would have against you actually breaking the law. Just keep denying everything and deny going inside anything, the greater charges will no doubt be dropped since it sounds like there is zero evidence you were the one responsible for the destruction and zero evidence you ever step foot inside the building. Only one that sounds like it could possibly stick is misdemeanor trespassing, in which case whatever... you'll probably get fined and/or a CWOF.

Alex, wtf man.

im glad i havn't been over there in forever.

did you ever hear anything about your case?