Thread: Member Introduction

Default Member Introduction

Hello All,

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I got into UE on a trip to a TB hospital about a year ago. Since then I have been to the Abandoned Turnpike, a general hospital, a children's sanitarium, and a veteran's hospital.

My real interest in UE lies in photography. I've always had an "eye" for setting up a shot, and I've always been drawn to the aesthetic of decay. I'm still learning the technicalities of digital camera usage.

This site has been very helpful in my new hobby. I've used it as a jumping-off point to find popular locations, so thank you for the hints I needed to put the pieces together.

In the past year, I've taken thousands of photographs and narrowed them into digital albums and a print portfolio of my best work. I'm really excited to continue exploring "new" locations that may be a bit harder to find.

I didn't want to post here until I had some photos to share, since some people on the forum part seemed rather...well, unfriendly...to beginners. Now that I've been at this for a year, I figured I should say hello and invite people to check out my photo albums!

Happy Hunting,
    Fortress
    Last edited by Fortress; 06-02-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Removing Real Location Names

Default Oops

My Apologies,

This should have been posted in the "New Members" section.
    I don't think I can move it, but I'll see if I can't figure it out.

~Fortress

Additional hint: Don't post real names of locations.

Class dismissed.

Welcome to UA!

No worries, someone will move your post to the new members section.
    I saw that you have some pics in albums on your profile page. You could probably pick a few of your favorites and post them up in the urban exploring photo gallery because alot of us are waaaaayyyy too lazy to click through pics on a profile page.

And yeah, posting real names is kinda frowned upon.

Nice to see someone else checked out the abandoned turnpike too!
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Default Real Names

I used the same names listed on the main section of this website (in the location descriptions, with pictures), so it's not like I revealed anything that isn't already far more public...but I went ahead and changed the album names anyway.

I'll also see about posting some pics in the main gallery for more convenient viewing. The hard part will be choosing my favorites!

Yeah, the abandoned turnpike was pretty cool. I'd like to hike from end-to-end at some point.

~ Fortress

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTaco View Post
    Welcome to UA!

No worries, someone will move your post to the new members section.
    I saw that you have some pics in albums on your profile page. You could probably pick a few of your favorites and post them up in the urban exploring photo gallery because alot of us are waaaaayyyy too lazy to click through pics on a profile page.

And yeah, posting real names is kinda frowned upon.

Nice to see someone else checked out the abandoned turnpike too!

I was there about 5 years ago. I did Rays Tunnel and turned around since thats a few miles in itself. Ill probably go back and go do the other side of the turnpike to check out the other tunnels soon.

Yeah, that first few miles is the best stretch. I drove to the second tunnel on a parallel road, but it was pretty much the same layout as the first - just longer.

Welcome to the site,
    I been here for years, post seldom , always watching and reading.

enjoy your stay.

-Alex
    MD/DE-crew