Thread: too fake?

Default too fake?

i took this shot today and because of the way the sun shines, the black building is totally dark. i boosted it a tad in photoshop, but now i kinda feel as if it looks like i photoshopped the building into a picture of the one behind it. does it work for anyone else or do you feel the way i do?

Meh - could you just move over a little bit to completely elude the black building all together when you take the shot?

if i move over another building gets in the way. my thought was something of a juxtaposition between old and new

It looks a bit like the black building is a 3d rendering placed in the photo. BUT... I like it just the way it is.

Either way its gorgeous building..

You can see the noise from where it was lightened in post. It does look like a composite. I thought it was until I read your explanation. That building in back is nice, but honestly, the picture isn't that good to begin with. The composition is way too tight, it would be nice if there was an equal amount of space to the right of the building as there is to the left. I'd try reshooting it before I went trying to fix it in post.

yeah well i might just have to leave it be then. as i said before, i can't move right, i can't pan right. here's a wider shot showing the other building to the right. not a lot of room from this perspective.

Meh. Its just a poor perspective. That foreground building is distracting and boring. It doesn't work well as a contrast of old and new because the foreground one is too abstract looking and it takes a second to figure out what it is (I thought it was a parking garage at first glance). The uneven light caused by the shadow of the other building doesn't help either, no amount of post can make up for poor lighting. Its definitely a good photo, just not a great one. The second one you posted is slightly better since it gives more context.