Thread: anyone else watching Man vs Wild??

Default anyone else watching Man vs Wild??

i know that sounds like it's off topic. but bear (the guy who is usually out in the middle of a jungle or dessert) is doing an episode where he is in some sort of abandoned urban area, doing his whole survival thing... it's pretty interesting, though i have no idea where he is.

haha this is awesome. he wraps a fire hose around cables to descend 7 floors down an elevator shaft, scrounges up some materials to make a bomb to blow the door open on a factory, crawls up like 50 ft of a pipe to the rafters to eat pigeon eggs, crawls back down another pipe, now he's in a flooded sub-basement of some sort using a torch made out of stuff he pulled out of a car and a first aid kit.

Honestly, it's an hour of my life that I will never get back.
    It was just poorly presented/written/set-up. They referenced 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina at least twice, and yet the show had nothing in common with those events. He starts the show stranded on a crane, because at some time we've all somehow gotten stuck hanging on a hook hundreds of feet above the ground. He vacates a perfectly sound building to sleep in an upside down car. Despite the fact that a majority of the earth's population lives in urban areas, he manages to not run into a single crackhead or homeless person. He has to escape through the sewers because he apparently forgot that he MacGuyvered a bomb and blew open a door to get into the building.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Level 1 User

I'm not a fan of Man vs Wild, unfortunately. It seems like a lot of dramatics for content you'll probably never use. Plus, the lack of comic relief (in any of the episodes I've seen) makes it exhausting to watch. That being said, maybe I'll look up this episode and watch it, just to see the abandoned buildings.

I really liked the Will Ferrell episode, though. :-P

We need more Survivorman. That show was great.

A few people told me about this, but I never got around to watching it. It struck me as an episode that would be about "How Bear Grylls would survive a zombie apocalypse!"

I guess I'll skip it then.

I would watch it for the comedic value. I love how he did somersault and a bunch of other aerobic manuvers that served no real purpose other than to make for flashy TV. The whole thing was rather hoaky and stupid but it gave me plenty of lulz.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE