Thread: Damaged lens question.

Default Damaged lens question.

I was out at one the local whores yesterday, and I knocked over my tripod and camera(D60). The tripod wasn't extended out all the way, just like 15 inches high, but the fall was enough that the part of the lens(18-55 that came with the camera) that moves when you zoom in or out was knocked slightly askew. When you look down at the camera, the part that moves in and out is crooked.

Now when I try to zoom in/out, it is hard to move and gets stuck at certain points. It still seems to take pics fine and the glass is fine.

I know, tl;dr, but my question is, has this happened to anyone else?
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Sorry to hear that. I did something like that with my kit lens back in the day where it wouldn't move at all. I eventually just pulled/twisted it and it went back on the track and worked but it was a little harder to move the zoom. I eventually sold that camera and lens to a friend (I told him about the zoom) but he's used it for 2+ years now with no problem.

It sounds like it may still be off the track a bit which is why it's crooked and it gets stuck at certain points. You may want to yank/pull on it a bit to see if it will pop back out and be uncrooked.

Fortunately it's a cheap lens to replace and this would be a good time to upgrade.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

I played with it a little bit today and I think I got it worked back to about normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kts View Post
    Fortunately it's a cheap lens to replace and this would be a good time to upgrade.
    No money for that, it would either be a new lens or HDTV, and the old 19" low-def just ain't cutting it anymore
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Hdtv!
    Hdtv!
    Hdtv!
    Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying.