Thread: Lost in moronville...

Default Lost in moronville...

OK I'm apparently special..

Can somebody tell me how to upload pictures correctly when you post? I tried to use the URL from my Flickr account, but it says the upload file type is invalid. I uploaded them as attachment, but they are thumbnail size now. Then when I logged back in it was just link. I put them in the non-ue photo of the day post just to test it out so I'm familiar with the process, but I now feel like a dumbass.

If anybody can give me a heads up on the correct way to do it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

-Mike

view the image from flicker and it will give you a link like: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/...7040a23e46.jpg

add some [ img ] [ /img ] brackets on either side (no spaces, i just added them so it wouldn't auto convert them and you'll get this:

All I do is party...
    L/amE

Thanks man!

I know it is usually that easy, but the pics I've uploaded on my Flikr account just show up as a red X box in UA when I use the [img].

The URL in my Flikr account doesn't have a .jpg at the end of it and it doesn't give me the option to open each item in a separate window/tab through internet explorer. It looks as though all the uploaded pictures are in HTML format when I checked their properties. I'm not very familiar with this account since it was just created. Is that an option that is available when you upgrade to Pro, or should I have that capability with a basic account?

Here is an example of a photo in my account currently.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/missinlinx/4239470774/

I don't know if having a Pro Account matters, but this is what I do to post pictures from flickr:

Click on "All Sizes" icon above pic
    Select pic size I want.
    At the bottom of the page, it says "To link to this photo on other websites you can either:" and there are 2 options.

I use the second option 2, "Grab the photo's URL:" and copy what is in that box.

Then, on UA I click on the box that says Insert Image and paste in the pics URL.

When you preview your post, everything should look ok.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

^^ What BlueTaco said.

I usually just right click the image and hit "View Image" and then copy and paste the URL for that image once it's loaded.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Test

Good looking out fellas!! The "All Sizes" works like a champ. Thanks BlueTaco & KTS.

I appreciate the help, and be on the lookout for pics now. I'm anxious to get out there and explore the DMV area.

FYI - #2 is not snot or anything... it is yogurt during breakfast.