Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Company 2

Thumbs up Bad Company 2

If you were disappointed by the much hyped Modern Warfare 2 I have something to put a smile on your face.

Bad Company 2 is set to release in early March. I have been playing the beta which ended today and the demo will be released shortly.

Personally I think everything about the game is better than MW2. Think of MW2 but make everything a little better. Than add vehicles... everything from snowmobiles and quads to tanks and Apaches. Than make damn near everything in the game destroyable. No longer will some drywall stop an RPG, you can bring down entire building on the enemy.

Feast your eyes!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_W7uXvkWfw"]YouTube- Bad Company 2 - E3 Ingame Footage[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9fTM-bC9Y"]YouTube- Battlefield Bad Company 2: Panama Canal Gameplay[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uFU8utiaA"]YouTube- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Squad Deathmatch Developer Walkthrough[/ame]

Sooo pumped for this. I've had my preorder in for a while now. I'm glad they are making this for PCs since I'm bad at 1st person shooters on consoles. My biggest complaint with Bad Company 1 was that it was console only so I'm glad it'll be for PCs since Battlefield 2, while still awesome, is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Quote Originally Posted by kts View Post
    Sooo pumped for this. I've had my preorder in for a while now. I'm glad they are making this for PCs since I'm bad at 1st person shooters on consoles. My biggest complaint with Bad Company 1 was that it was console only so I'm glad it'll be for PCs since Battlefield 2, while still awesome, is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Its not that you are bad on consoles its just that you are so good on PC that it feels like you suck on console. With a mouse and keyboard its headshots all day. Controllers make the game more challenging. I made the switch to console because thats what all my friends are on and I wanted to be able to squad up with them.

Do want. The first one was great.
    -Zac

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Its not that you are bad on consoles its just that you are so good on PC that it feels like you suck on console.
    i don't know if i'd go that far, i'm still pretty crappy on PC.

i do agree that keyboard+mouse makes things FAR easier then a controller.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Dan uses an aimbot. Thats what he's trying to say.

I'm right there with you on the mouse and keyboard over a controller. I used to rock battlefield 2 all day long. I bought MW2 at target on Black Friday because it was on sale, I have been bouncing between playing that and Uncharted 2. Still haven't completed the single player on either though... cause I'm lazy.. and I like multiplayer better.

Computer games are also better cause you can play them at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Dan uses an aimbot. Thats what he's trying to say.
    What is aimbot?

I couldn't even finish the first one. The multiplayer was great and the Frostbite game engine made blowing everything up endless fun, but the campaign was so boring and uninspired I ended up shelving the game and never picking it back up.

New vid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrnm6SeAaRI"]YouTube- Battlefield Bad Company 2 Battlefield Moments Ep. 3[/ame]

Bad Company 2 official trailer released on Spike TV last night.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...ield-bad/61088

Demo announcements plus demo gameplay video released today!

Stockholm, Sweden - January 28, 2010 - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that first-person shooter fans will get early access to the best-in-class online war experience in Battlefield: Bad CompanyTM 2. Players can now download a free* console demo worldwide on Xbox LIVETM Marketplace. A PC beta would also be available to players that pre-order** the game at participating retailers in North America, Europe and Asia, and through select community channels at 6pm CETtoday. On February 4th, the demo will be accessible on the PlayStationŽNetwork in Europe and on February 11th in North America. Defined by its increasingly intense vehicular warfare, destruction, variety of weapons and huge sandbox environments, Battlefield Bad Company 2 promises to be one of the finest online FPS games of 2010.

"After the success of the PS3 beta, we're excited to provide gamers -- especially our long-supporting, rabidly passionate PC fans -- with another opportunity to get into the game before release," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer on Battlefield: Bad Company 2. "Our fans have been a huge part of the franchise's success and we can't wait for everyone to experience the amazing gameplay and unforgettable Battlefield moments in Battlefield: Bad Company 2."

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 console demo and PC beta will feature Port Valdez, a new vehicle focused map where up to 24 players (32 on PC) will compete against each other as either the US or Russian armies in the game's Rush multiplayer mode. Players will have access to five land and three air vehicles where the Russian side can use everything in their arsenal including Main Battle Tanks as well as the fast-moving Quad Bikes and Mobile Armored AA. The fight will also be packed with plenty of infantry combat fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 4, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360Ž videogame and entertainment system, PlayStationŽ3 computer entertainment system and the PC. The Limited Edition can be pre-ordered now on all platforms at no extra cost, with participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last).

* Internet connection and Xbox LIVE Gold membership required. Demo will end on February 25, 2010.
    ** Available at participating retailers in North America, Europe and Asia. Offer and codes expires February 25, 2010.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOO97Lc6pI"]YouTube- Battlefield Bad Company 2: Port Valdez Demo Gameplay[/ame]

Level 3 User

I preordered but did not get a beta key. WTF?

I got mine the other day I still need to download it and run it.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Installed this yesterday and played a little bit. I'm not a fan of the shades of blue, orange, and red they picked to ID who's in your squad, your side, and the enemy. It's screwed me up a few times trying to figure out who's who. I blame my colorblindness. Haven't found a way to change that yet.

Graphics completely blow away Battlefield 2 which it should, being 5 years newer. Also has a very different look then Modern Warfare 2.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

The whole thing just seems really overly bright on my monitor.. I keep having to turn it down more and more but they really pushed the glare effect this time.

Yea it is very bright and has a very HDRish look about it. I wonder if it's just this level or what since it is in the snow and they are going for the snow blindness thing.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Quote Originally Posted by kts View Post
    Yea it is very bright and has a very HDRish look about it. I wonder if it's just this level or what since it is in the snow and they are going for the snow blindness thing.
    Looks fine on PS3

I dropped the brightness a bit and that helped out a lot.

Also got better at IDing the enemy the 2nd time I played. Had some fun with it, can't wait to play it some more tonight. Also looking forward to seeing what the other maps are like, as well as the single player.

I also wish there was a health gauge somewhere.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

6 hours and counting until Sony effing ruins the release of the greatest game ever.