Thread: Civilian Version Assault Rifles

Default Civilian Version Assault Rifles

This is mostly just notes for myself but what do you think about civilian assault rifles? What is your fav? List some more!

HK USC
    Derived from the HK UMP, the USC is a civilian utility carbine that uses the classic hard-hitting .45 ACP cartridge. Matched with the simple and ultra-reliable blowback operating system, the HK USC is a radical departure from traditional firearms designs. Extensive use of the same durable, reinforced polymers used on HK’s line of military and police arms ensures lightweight and durability. And the highest grade of weapons steel is used where it matters—in the cold hammer forged target barrel and the solidly constructed bolt mechanism. User ergonomics are not sacrificed. The skeletonized buttstock is topped with a comfortable rubber cheek rest and recoil pad. The web of the pistol grip is open for a comfortable shooting handhold. Hard points located on the top and front of the receiver make attachment of optional Picatinny rails easy, allowing almost any kind of sighting system or accessory to be mounted.

HK SL8-6
    A revolutionary rifle design—the HK SL8-6 is constructed almost entirely of a reinforced carbon-fiber polymer. Based on the combat-proven G36 rifle used by the German Army, the SL8-6 uses a proven short stroke, piston-actuated gas operating system, well known for simplicity and reliability. Designed and engineered to deliver exceptional shooting performance, the SL8 is a favorite among European target shooters, due in large part to its modular construction and free-floating bull barrel. A short Picatinny rail mount is standard and allows accessory optics to be easily added. Made using the famous HK cold-hammer forging process, the SL8-6 barrel ensures accuracy and long life. The ergonomic and clean lines of the HK SL8-6 are functional and modern, giving the SL8-6 the look and feel of a 21st century firearm.

The SCAR 17S
    Fires the 7.62x51mm NATO/308 Winchester cartridge and uses an innovative, gas-operated short-stroke piston system. The SCAR 17S features a free floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel with hard-chromed bore. Fully-ambidextrous operating controls adapt the SCAR 17S to any user. Multiple MIL-STD 1913 rails enable mounting of a wide variety of optional tactical lights and lasers. The side-folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length of pull. Models with 10- or 20-round detachable box magazines (DBM) are available.

FN PS90
    The FN PS90 Triple Rail (TR) gives the operator a wide choice of sighting accessories via its three MIL-STD 1913 rails for mounting optional optical sights, tactical lights and lasers. Chambered in the 5.7x28mm cartridge, the PS90 utilizes straight blowback operation and fires from a closed bolt for greater accuracy and reliability. The PS90’s civilian legal 16.04" cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel is equipped with an integrated muzzle brake to reduce recoil. Dual magazine latches, cocking handles and an innovative matte black synthetic thumbhole stock with a molded-in sling attachment point help make the PS90 fully ambidextrous. Models with 10- or 30-round polymer detachable magazines are available.

Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf
    The .50 Beowulf® was designed to generate devastating stopping power at short to moderate ranges. Combining the rugged reliability of the AR15/M16 style weapons with a unique .500 inch projectile and cartridge, this semi automatic weapon is unsurpassed as a close quarter combat weapon on battlefields in the Middle East. It doesn’t stop there. This unique weapon is equally at home in the brush, capable of knocking down virtually anything you may run across. For wild pig hunting the rifle is without equal and is being used not only by hunters, but by game control agencies as well. The combination of heavy large diameter bullets, moderate velocities and 100% reliability enables the Beowulf® to tackle the largest game found in North America and it has been used against Elk, Buffalo and Bear with superb results.

KRISS
    KRISS Super V System The KRISS system overcomes the shock-creating effects of the recoil gas by re-directing the gas's energy down and away from the traditional “straightline” design that creates so much felt-recoil and muzzle climb. The KRISS System, in addition to “re-vectoring” the forces of the recoil, also reduces muzzle climb by activating a counter-balancing mass that further absorbs shock and re-directs forces that would otherwise create muzzle climb, thus compounding the operator's ability to consistently put rounds on-target whether through single-fire, multi-round burst or full automatic firing. Due to the fewer and lighter weight components, the KRISS is able to fire at extremely high rates of fire (1100-1500 should the application so warrant), however, the ROF can be easily adjusted to more common rates (650-700) through minor adjustments to the mechanism. Because of its unique design, the KRISS technology significantly reduces both the number and weight of the moving parts of the mechanism. By reducing the mass of the slider and bolt and re-directing their movement, KRISS provides a lighter-weight operating system (as well as overall weapon) that in addition to the reduction of recoil and muzzle climb, can be handled for longer periods of time—and more accurately—by the operator.

AUG

GSG

FN FS2000

someone has been playing Modern Warfare 2.... i recognize all of these.

didn't know the SCAR was ambidextrous. being a lefty this intrigues me.

i still <3 my AR-15, SAR-1 (AK clone), and Sig 556.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Im going to be a firearms puritan now and insist the UMP, P90, GSG, and Kriss all fire pistol rounds so are civilian submachine guns rather than assault rifles.

That said I think the GSG sucks because it fires .22 rounds and who wants that?

I always loved the UMP though, Im a hughe .45 ACP fan, and Im especially excited to see how the ACR/Masada turns out when it is finally released.

'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'

Went to the gun store today and played with the SCAR, PS90, AUG and FS2000.

SCAR was badass but was sold. 2900 price actually wasnt bad. I liked the PS90 next. Had a good feel and it was the shortest. Its a toss up between the AUG and FS2000. They both feel kinda cheap but are still cool in my book.

I want them all! And when that masada comes out I will want that too!

I love my Bushmaster AR-15 : )
    Trespassers will be violated!

I love the AK-47 and the M4.
    The SKS is a workhorse too.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    I love the AK-47 and the M4.
    The SKS is a workhorse too.
    I need to get my hands on an AK47 when i get the money.

The M4 pisses me off. I have an A2 upper and in my opinon the sights are too open, I would rather it be a rear apature like the Garand has or a notch and post. I also hate the stupid ass gas system which shoots shit all over the chamber and bolt. I really am thinking of selling it for an AK or if I have the money replacing it with an ACR or SCAR.

But hell yeah to the SKS, I love mine to death.
    'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'

The Romanian AK clones used to be very cheap and well made for the price. Being in PA you should be able to get good deals on them, especially at shows. I paid like $450 for mine in MD a few years ago and that was a ripoff mostly since MD sucks for buying/selling guns. In other states they were $350-400 at the time.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Level 1 User

can`t go wrong with the good ol AR-15, if I had some extra funds I`d like to pick up a H&K M416

the new & improved AR-15

Level 1 User

ps sorry for the GIANT pic

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf
    The .50 Beowulf® was designed to generate devastating stopping power at short to moderate ranges. Combining the rugged reliability of the AR15/M16 style weapons with a unique .500 inch projectile and cartridge, this semi automatic weapon is unsurpassed as a close quarter combat weapon on battlefields in the Middle East. It doesn’t stop there. This unique weapon is equally at home in the brush, capable of knocking down virtually anything you may run across. For wild pig hunting the rifle is without equal and is being used not only by hunters, but by game control agencies as well. The combination of heavy large diameter bullets, moderate velocities and 100% reliability enables the Beowulf® to tackle the largest game found in North America and it has been used against Elk, Buffalo and Bear with superb results.
    I am not a gun aficionado, but that gave me an erection.

Wink

I won't go anywhere without my AR-15.
    NO Sign NO Crime

Quote Originally Posted by DrDark View Post
    I won't go anywhere without my AR-15.
    Post pics in the gun thread

Century International Arms Golani Sporter Rifle

Basically the civilian Galil
    Just sit back and take a drag.

I really like the look and feel of the AR-15, been looking at getting a S&W AR eventually whenever I come up with enough money.