Thread: New York City Urban Exploring

Default New York City Urban Exploring

So I'm originally from Maryland and that's where I've done all of my exploring so far, but I go to school in New York City...anyone else explore in New York City or know of any cool spots to check out?...I've been dying to explore Brooklyn or the other boroughs on the weekends...

New York City is awesome for exploring. Staten Island has some amazing abandonments, as does Brooklyn. There are also a handful of small islands around the city, a few accessible by ferry, that have some incredible stuff.

Abandoned shit is pretty cool, but the bridges, cranes, rooftops, subway tunnels, and other various infrastructure is really where the exploring is most fun in NY. I could spend weeks in that city.

yeah of course the city is cool...but I've been exploring it already for 3 years lol...I gotta go find the abandoned stuff...

I don't know much in the city. I'm north of NYC and that's where I do all of my exploring. One day I will make it to the city to explore and I'm in brooklyn once in awhile at my aunt's house, but have not explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Z? View Post
    yeah of course the city is cool...but I've been exploring it already for 3 years lol...I gotta go find the abandoned stuff...
    Seaview Hospital and Ellis Island are probably good places to start. Some of the greatest abandonments on the east coast.

Level 1 User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Z? View Post
    So I'm originally from Maryland and that's where I've done all of my exploring so far, but I go to school in New York City...anyone else explore in New York City or know of any cool spots to check out?...I've been dying to explore Brooklyn or the other boroughs on the weekends...
    I am also from New York..

Here is one more site to CK out!

http://kensinger.blogspot.com/

If I do end up transfering colleges I will be about a hour from the city so I should be exploring the hell out of it.
    'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat222 View Post
    If I do end up transfering colleges I will be about a hour from the city so I should be exploring the hell out of it.
    What? How DAAAARRREEEE you.

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
    What? How DAAAARRREEEE you.
    Shippensburg is no fun man. Gotta get close to the action.
    'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'