Thread: An Old Mill in Owingsmills?

Default An Old Mill in Owingsmills?

On Owings mills Boulevard there is an old mill. Its definitely abandoned. Iím in between classes right now. I'll snap some recon pictures of this structure during my free period. Its in danger of being torn down. They are building a shopping center a few hundred feet away.

It was a Paper Mill.. Pretty cool shots.. On the way to school I saw Marine One landing in a field. Apparently the vice president is in town. I have some pictures of that too ill post up for fun.

A papermill? Sounds pretty cool!

How big was it?

These are the pictures. I had to resize them. Its some what active....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n67501311_30130555_8346.jpg   n67501311_30131212_3073.jpg   n67501311_30131214_3735.jpg   n67501311_30131215_4045.jpg   n67501311_30131222_6306.jpg  

more pictures adf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n67501311_30131221_5999.jpg  
    Last edited by CEbeling; 09-21-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Nice find! That place looks worth cracking! What do you mean by somewhat active?

Well I saw lots of paper products outside (look at picture 5 first post)... Looks likes its for storage... I didnt see anyone outside. We should try it...

This place is on Owings Mills Blvd? I work in Owings Mills and can't picture where this would be in relation to where I'm familiar with...Maybe I'll go driving around tomorrow when I get off and see what I can find.

Default angie

Quote Originally Posted by angie
    This place is on Owings Mills Blvd? I work in Owings Mills and can't picture where this would be in relation to where I'm familiar with...Maybe I'll go driving around tomorrow when I get off and see what I can find.
    Reisterstown Rd to Owingsmills Blvd. Its across the street from the Firestation...(near petco)

You can get to the location by heading south on reisterstown road and making a right just before you go under the train tracks. I went there the day this thread posted. If you head back there, you will see that the place looks to be used as a storage facility for some sort of lumber supplier. I would not say somewhat active, I'd say very active, at least during the daytime hours. There were at least 20 cars back there through a chain link fence gate that looks llike they lock it up at night. Not sure what kind of security they have there, but it looks like the easiest way to get there would be by parking at the small strip mall off of owings mills blvd and walking westish down train tracks. I live less than a mile away and have seen this building many times in passing. The industrial like center around the "paper mill" is very active all day long.
    If the hairs on the back of your neck are tingling and your lips start to tickle, don't look up and don't open your mouth, cuz there's balls on your chin!!!

Level 3 User

Hey...nice pictures. Looks like it would be worth a night trip to me. That way if it was still active no one would be there.