Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Sloppy Explorers: Two More Arrested

  1. #1
    Level 3 User devilc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    +38° 52' 15.00", -77° 3' 22"
    Posts
    2,185

    Post Sloppy Explorers: Two More Arrested

    This is an accelerating trend.
    "Explorers" that really should know better are getting arrested in record numbers.
    Please read the story below.
    This is a case-study in stupidity from start to finish.
    Take a moment to review your own exploring habits, practices, and procedures.
    It's fun to laugh at others - but how are YOU running your game?
    Have you become lazy, sloppy, complacemt, comfortable.
    If you're trespassing to get inside you aught not be comfortable.
    Too many in the "Exploring" community seem very comfortable.

    Two arrested in break-in at Psych Center

    August 24, 2009, 11:17 AM

    A Massachusetts man and a Long Island woman were arrested Sunday on charges that they trespassed at Buffalo's historic Richardson Complex, stole patient records and took pictures there without permission, police reported.
    The incident began in the early evening Sunday when a Buffalo State police officer noticed a car with a dog inside parked in a campus lot.
    After a couple of hours, the officer entered the vehicle out of concern for the animal's well-being.
    Inside, police found state Office of Mental Health patient financial records that had been taken from the basement of the Richardson Complex, according to the Buffalo Psychiatric Center's Safety Department.
    When the man and woman returned to their vehicle shortly before 7:45 p.m., they were questioned by officers from the college and the psychiatric center.
    The couple claimed the records belonged to them, but officers said they couldn't keep their stories straight.
    Jane Doe, 29, of Salem, Mass., and Kristine Driven, 33, of Holbrook, were arrested and charged with criminal possession of stolen property and criminal trespass.
    Driven faces an additional charge of possession of stolen property because police say she had a memory card that contained the photos they'd taken of the center.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Reality Hacker Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Thats what you get for taking stuff. And leaving your dog in the car for hours. And being dumbasses. And being comfortable. And for using nut clamps and anal spreaders.

  3. #3
    kts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    this needs to be bumped.

    everyone needs to STEP UP YOUR GAME and check yourself. a record number of people have been busted in the last few months.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

  4. #4
    Level 2 User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Yeah thats just sloppy exploring. I know it sucks to be caught and arrested but at least explorers should try not to. And stealing stuff having them find it on you is even worse.

    This just teaches us; don't steal from places, and don't take your dog exploring.

  5. #5
    Reality Hacker Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenfreak View Post
    Yeah thats just sloppy exploring. I know it sucks to be caught and arrested but at least explorers should try not to. And stealing stuff having them find it on you is even worse.

    This just teaches us; don't steal from places, and don't take your dog exploring.
    Taking your dog is actually good for the ran away/walking the dog excuse. But leaving it in the car... GHEY

  6. #6
    Level 3 User YellowSled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    where is the failboat picture when it is needed?
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

  7. #7
    Level 2 User Gleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carroll County Maryland
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Fucktards. Leaving the dog in the car, stealing patient records, and then answering the cops questions. I wouldnt have said a word.
    Trespassers will be violated!

  8. #8
    Level 2 User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Taking your dog is actually good for the ran away/walking the dog excuse. But leaving it in the car... GHEY
    True, i have used the i lost my dog and always carry a camera and tripod when looking for them excuse. But its hard to lose them while there locked in the car, lol.

  9. #9
    Level 3 User TMDtheUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Airy Mountain
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Allot of this crap has been going on latley... maybe I picked a good time to blow out my knee. either way, exploring is becoming a bit to public.

    I got it! we should have exploring commercials with catchy songs you know??@!!?@! and maybe a cartoon with a super explorer guy with magic powers, and all the kids will want to be just like him. and, and, and, and, and, in wal-mart they will have "build your own abandonment playset" or "the codex of abandon places (with trading cards)" or "Ultimate explorer cape! with asbestos approved ventilating masks. (not for actual use).


    this hobby is going somewhere, I'm not sure where it is though...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Guy_Fawkes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Breastminster
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSled View Post
    where is the failboat picture when it is needed?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleno View Post
    Fucktards. .. and then answering the cops questions. I wouldnt have said a word.
    and you still woulda had your time and money wasted with the police , maybe even more so.... whats up with all the rebels? If your doin something your not supposed too and get caught, being a dick will def not help your cause.
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.


    F/RoX

  12. #12
    Level 2 User Gleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carroll County Maryland
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    and you still woulda had your time and money wasted with the police , maybe even more so.... whats up with all the rebels? If your doin something your not supposed too and get caught, being a dick will def not help your cause.
    Using a constitutional right is rebelling/being a dick? One of the ideas of the right to remain silent is to prevent self-incrimination. It really depends on the situation. If I were in a situation like those two in Buffalo...separated I would absolutely refuse to answer questions. I wouldn’t be a jerk about it id just politely refuse.

    Edit: I wasnt calling them fucktards for answering questions. I was calling them fucktards for stealing records, and leaving the dog in the car.
    Trespassers will be violated!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleno View Post
    Using a constitutional right is rebelling/being a dick? One of the ideas of the right to remain silent is to prevent self-incrimination. It really depends on the situation. If I were in a situation like those two in Buffalo...separated I would absolutely refuse to answer questions. I wouldn’t be a jerk about it id just politely refuse.

    Edit: I wasnt calling them fucktards for answering questions. I was calling them fucktards for stealing records, and leaving the dog in the car.
    Ever been stopped and questioned during an explore by the police? I have, and im sure a couple others have. Answered the cops questions politely listened to what he had to say and was on our way... woulda been another story if I woulda started exercising my rights. Besides once a cop starts to read you your rights you failed and u might as well shut it.... the trick is to use your mouth sparingly before that happens to ensure he doesnt start reading you your rights.

    Im not stopping you though...want a revolution? Be a Revolution!
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.


    F/RoX

  14. #14
    Junior Member eatthefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    Ever been stopped and questioned during an explore by the police? I have, and im sure a couple others have. Answered the cops questions politely listened to what he had to say and was on our way... woulda been another story if I woulda started exercising my rights.
    Absolutely true. I've been stopped by cops before, and I was very nice, threw on a lot of charm, and they just left me alone afterwards. I've found, at least, that playing the game just a little, putting on a fake smile and being nice is much more successful than not saying anything...

    I'm not saying that this is the way it should be-- ideally you should be able to exercise your right of silence, but unfortunately it can make a cop suspicious of you. Now, this is just my opinion. If staying silent works for others, then more power to you.

  15. #15
    Level 1 User Rob-1_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thats a stupid thing to do, why the hell would you need a mental hospital's Finace records. Why would they bring the dog?
    The Horror, The Horror

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •