Thread: Toss your Red Light Camera Ticket!

Default Toss your Red Light Camera Ticket!

If you live in the DC area read this and this.

“Although the statute permits the jurisdiction to make the initial attempt to summon the accused to court via mail, if the person fails to respond, he or she is not considered to have been satisfactorily served with notice,” VDOT explained (view report). “The average citizen is probably not aware of this loophole, but if word were widely disseminated, such knowledge could completely undermine the effectiveness of red light camera programs, as citations issued to violators would lose their practical impact.”
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

This has been going around for years now. A friend of mine got a redlight ticket 5 years ago (maybe more now) and has never paid it.

It's news to me!
    I just read that Fairfax County was putting cameras up, despite the VA mandate not to do so.

I prefer the Detroit speed camera solution: #04 Buckshot.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    It's news to me!
    I just read that Fairfax County was putting cameras up, despite the VA mandate not to do so.

I prefer the Detroit speed camera solution: #04 Buckshot.
    Fairfax is putting in red light cameras? Speed cameras? Both? I hope it isn't speed cameras.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

I avoid driving in VA. They'll ticket you for anything.

i was in bear Delaware back around March, ran a red light and got a tickit in the mail .. waited a few weeks and received another.. i received over 4 in the mail and never paid them.. to this day it remains unpaid.
    MD/DE-crew

Delaware will award the death penalty for nonpayment of minor offenses.
    You were warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i was in bear Delaware back around March, ran a red light and got a tickit in the mail .. waited a few weeks and received another.. i received over 4 in the mail and never paid them.. to this day it remains unpaid.
    Thomas Jefferson

I wonder what DE will really do?
    MD/DE-crew

Level 3 User

AZ man wears monkey mask in attempt to thwart speed cameras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKTT_...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by fatLouie View Post
    AZ man wears monkey mask in attempt to thwart speed cameras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKTT_...layer_embedded
    that rules.

Level 3 User

I got a speed camera ticket today. Ive been caught by them before, but I can think of better things to spend $40 on... can I throw speed cam tickets out too?

It says "Failure to pay...may result in suspension of registration"

I got a speed camera ticket today. Ive been caught by them before, but I can think of better things to spend $40 on... can I throw speed cam tickets out too?

It says "Failure to pay...may result in suspension of registration"
    A friend of mine got one that said that too.... do they have the power to or is it just muscle flexing?

Has anyone gotten a speed camera ticket on I-95 where the ICC work is going on? They have numerous signs warning about speed cameras but I have yet to see one and haven't gotten any warnings or tickets in the mail yet.

Also, for the AA County residents, has anyone else noticed the speed camera looking things on 100 westbound, near Arundel Mills and also near the exit for route 1, and wondered what the hell they are?
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTaco View Post
    Has anyone gotten a speed camera ticket on I-95 where the ICC work is going on? They have numerous signs warning about speed cameras but I have yet to see one and haven't gotten any warnings or tickets in the mail yet.

Also, for the AA County residents, has anyone else noticed the speed camera looking things on 100 westbound, near Arundel Mills and also near the exit for route 1, and wondered what the hell they are?
    I haven't seen anything that look like speed cameras on 95 where the ICC is so I've been wondering if they really have anything there.

I also have noticed those cameras setup on Rt 100. I always slow down there in case they are speed cameras but I think they are more for road surveys/patterns and/or watching the road looking for cars/drivers that have outstanding tickets/warrants/etc. I've been trying to figure out what the deal is with them.

There was an identical setup on a road near my work about a year ago. Most of the time I would slow down for it but a few times I went flying past it way over the speed limit and never got a ticket or warning. A month or so later they moved it down the road a bit near an intersection, and then one day it was just gone.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTaco View Post

On my way to ChestFest I had a work zone camera flash me between Towson and I-83 on the outer loop of I-695. I never got the ticket though.

On my way to ChestFest I had a work zone camera flash me between Towson and I-83 on the outer loop of I-695. I never got the ticket though.
    that was back when they were only issuing warnings. still odd you didn't get a warning. wonder if the photo was messed up so they dumped it.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

I got one of those camera tickets when I was stationed in NC.. I guess before the camera craze really went "mainstream". They sent me a copy of the citation and a picture of my truck running the red light. $40 ticket and that shit was still amber (i think).

Regardless I just took a picture of a pair of twenty dollar bills, put it in the envelope with the citiation and sent it back. It remains unpaid to this day.

That depends upon your state of residence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    A friend of mine got one that said that too.... do they have the power to or is it just muscle flexing?
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 1 User

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    Delaware will award the death penalty for nonpayment of minor offenses.
    You were warned.

I understand Delaware will not renew your registration if the ticket goes unpaid,