Thread: Sketch-Up/Google Earth

Default Sketch-Up/Google Earth

Anyone ever check out the 3D Buildings feature inside google earth? Its a pretty cool feature that shows 3D models people have built that are placed on the map. Much of Baltimore and DC have been modeled.

Now lets take it a step further... Has anyone ever built a 3D model for google earth?

I built the old druid hill entrance/arch for a work project and entered it into google earth just to try it out. Thought it was pretty cool so I went ahead and built another one of my favorite abandonments fort carrol and dropped it in there.

Its easy to learn so if your bored check out sketch-up and google earth. Both are free. Ive attached screenshots of my models and another someone has built of a popular spot plus downtown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carroll06.jpg   carroll03.jpg   carroll02.jpg   carroll05.jpg   carroll07.jpg  

very nice work dan! i must give this one a go... now how about the boys school ???
    I know u built a 3d model of it .. can u use that on Google Earth?
    MD/DE-crew

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    very nice work dan! i must give this one a go... now how about the boys school ???
    I know u built a 3d model of it .. can u use that on Google Earth?
    The stuff I built was WAY too detailed. Google would never accept that. Models need to be fairly basic but made to look complex with photo overlays.

Built up my little corner of the city a little today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map02.jpg