Thread: Save the state hospital!!!

Exclamation Save the state hospital!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/dsam09/petition.html

the hospital is endagered so please help it!!!!
    -Zac

They couldn't save Danvers, Foxboro, NoHo, Taunton, Pennhurst, Worcester or Met. This will be no different.

Who has a set from this place? If its the place I'm thinking of, we may be better off without it anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by futureimpaired View Post
    They couldn't save Danvers, Foxboro, NoHo, Taunton, Pennhurst, Worcester or Met. This will be no different.

Who has a set from this place? If its the place I'm thinking of, we may be better off without it anyways...
    Truth, unfortunately.
    The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
    Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988), "Job", 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DashingFlamingos View Post
    Truth, unfortunately.
    oh well...
    -Zac

Quote Originally Posted by futureimpaired View Post

Danvers wasnt a total loss, and the fate of Pennhurst is far from sealed.

Other places have been saved, at least partially.
    Edgewater Psych, Western Center's admin, Traverse City State Hospital, Weston State Hospital. Outside of hospitals you have Eastern State Pen and Chester Power Station, the powerplant in the inner harbor. Some places can be saved, some cant, but nothing is going to happen if you dont try.
    'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'

Yea I signed that thing a few days ago... I told the girl, Dana, it was prob a waste of time. But yea, from pictures I've seen, the place is NJ's "Henryton," if not worse. Unfortunate...
    "Photograph each day so we can live forever..."

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat222 View Post
    Danvers wasnt a total loss, and the fate of Pennhurst is far from sealed.
    Exactly, things are actually looking very good at least for Pennhurst's Admin building. Hopefully it can be saved. It's a damn shame that preservation is just not considered typically with historic structures.

Definetly NOT Byberrians

Western Centers Admin might get the demo

Quote Originally Posted by NIN View Post
    Western Centers Admin might get the demo
    Is that so? Im not too informed on anything going on that side of the state despite plans to vist it that never get fully formed.

Whats the deal with it? Developer changing his plans or what? It would b to bad, its a nice looking building.
    'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'

Well i think they are doin things a tad on the illegal side, the Med building was down in a week, last time i was in it they only had floors 7,6 abated, and parts of 5 i think. The Gym, school and admin were supose to be not demoed, i drove by a week or so ago, and everything is pritty much demoed except the Admin. I know those guys who are demoing want the copper off the spire real bad, so i dont think its gunna get saved

Quote Originally Posted by NIN View Post
    Well i think they are doin things a tad on the illegal side, the Med building was down in a week, last time i was in it they only had floors 7,6 abated, and parts of 5 i think. The Gym, school and admin were supose to be not demoed, i drove by a week or so ago, and everything is pritty much demoed except the Admin. I know those guys who are demoing want the copper off the spire real bad, so i dont think its gunna get saved
    You think they wouldnt care about the copper so much with scrap down as low as it is. It pisses me off how developers get off scot-free with all these illegal demos they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanexplorer777 View Post
    http://www.petitiononline.com/dsam09/petition.html

the hospital is endagered so please help it!!!!
    Thats a beautiful hospital site, those that have not been there, should go. Def worth the trip.
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Level 2 User

Any idea on how much is still left or if the entire place has been demoed? Im interested in going out as soon as i get a chance.