Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to join?

Wicked Retarded Crew Descending's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wreckless abandonment View Post
    You see.... I typically go to places at night, and when I arrived both times to said prison, security was sitting at the 'front gate.' Therefore, we were forced to find another way, and since my crew enjoys a challenge... we found another way. These were photos from inside the church before our camera broke.
    Our camera.
    F/RoX

Quote Originally Posted by Descending View Post
    Our camera.
    By OUR, I meant the old one I was using. Two of us just got new cams over the holidays. I'm no photographer, but I make an attempt. I do it more for the exploring aspect. Brooks is the photographer, but something's up with his cam.

Gotta love the critics...
    "Photograph each day so we can live forever..."

Senior Member Reckless Abandonment's Avatar

Default Critics

Yea gotta love 'em! Apparently some of the people here are the greatest UE people to ever exist and feel the need to talk trash and put people down. It's ok though I always found people that did those things really suffered from the reality that their own sad life never amounted to anything. That is why they have this compulsion to constantly put down what others say so that they themselves can feel better or that their existance in life has meaning.

You don't have to be a d*ck to Wreckless Abandonment everytime she says something. We only joined this board because at first it seemed like most of the people on here were nice people who had the same interest as us. Instead it appears that most of you are a$$holes who think your god's gift to the UE world. We have been to many places in Maryland and Pennsylvania, we are legit. We have our own site www.myspace.com/wrecklessabandonment49 where you can go and check out our photos and videos of many of the places we have been. All we were looking for was to meet people who did the same things we did, who maybe new of some other places to check out or who had pics just like us they wanted to share. It's one thing to joke with someone it's a complete different thing to just continue to be a d*ck and that is what most of you have acted like.
    Chuck - This is the worse day of my life.
    Tyler - It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.
    Chuck - There's always that.

Thumbs up Rude Abandonment is more like it!

I don't think anyone here is being rude. Your complaints are unjustified.
    Furthermore, who are we speaking to?
    Isn't the rule one person per account?
    You're always welcome here but mind your tone and watch your manners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandonment View Post
    You don't have to be a d*ck to Wreckless Abandonment everytime she says something.

That's actually not a website - that's a myspace page.
    Now that I have scrolled through it, I think I understand why your posting was so immature and peevish.
    We have our own site www.myspace.com/wrecklessabandonment49 where you can go and check out our photos and videos of many of the places we have been.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs down

Actually, he has his own account, and i have mine. And now you're being rude talking about something that we have compiled. I could care less if you are our friend, but at least have the decency to keep the trash talking about our site to yourself. We enjoy what we do just as much as I'm sure you do. We may not be 'pro photographers,' but we are urban explorers. We aren't little kids that go into places trashing them or causing trouble. We're also not old men/women running around taking pictures of random things acting like we're the shit. This is a hobby. Let's try and play nice...

Also as for your comment about our myspace not being a website, it has it's own web address which makes it a website. As for your reply you fit right into the catergory I was talking about thinking your god's great gift to UE. My response was no more immature than your remark of "I want to see pics by SUN or GTFO." Oh how soon we forget how stupid and childish we sound sometimes. Your response was unjustified mine was completely justified for people like you. Your just so quick to attack and talk trash about new people because you think your so great. I would love to meet you.
    Tyler - It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

I'm sorry, I didn't realieze you had your own "webpage", clearly you are legit and far too 1337 for us.
    F/RoX

Break, break, break - over.
    Meet me - as in:
    - Have a beer and laugh about this petulance
    or
    - Were you implying something else?

. I would love to meet you.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Meet you as in see why you feel the need to be such an egotistical prick. As for having a beer I would be more than game to have a beer and some laughs with you. We really are normal people who were just trying to make friends and as for the comment by the person above your response, We have never pretended to be better than anyone that is the treatment we have gotten since posting on here is that everyone else here is so freaking great. I was giving you are myspace address so you could check out our pics so you knew we weren't some dumb a$$ person asking for you to do everything. I was giving it to you so you could see we were real and not bs. As for this whole thing being BS that's what it is, she nor I deserve to just be ripped apart with every comment we make, again joking is one thing, being a d*ck is something else. If you would like to meet up and have a beer and a laugh me and the other three from our group would gladly meet up, beer is our second fav. thing to do next to UE. Actually I lie beer is our favorite thing.

Wink

I wasn't being a dick.
    If you live "across the street" from an awesome abandonment, you should take the time to get to know it.
    That was a challenge.
    Get in there and enjoy it before they demolish or renovate it.
    Everyone here has stories about the one that got away.
    Don't let the one you can see from your driveway be the one that got away.
    No one here has a big ego.
    Well, no one except Corley. Man that guy is snooty.
    We challenge each other, harass each other, and berate each other for a myriad of reasons.
    If you have thin skin and find me telling you to go take pics or GTFO offensive, this is probably the wrong place for you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Welcome to the interwebz. If you think we are singling you out, just look through the rest of the forum. The only thing I said before your little temper tantrum, was "our camera". Which I found amusing. A group of people going exploring with one camera. Whats the point?.
    F/RoX

Wink

All of us have a camera sweetie. Just had some issues with a few of them from accidents that had occured. At the prison we went to, we were down to one at the time. Shit happens, ya know? But again, there's more to UE than photographing... perhaps the Exploring part is the most important. Again, this is our hobby, we do have lives...

I think it was more of everytime she posted something she was berated with sarcasm and sh*tty remarks, again joking is cool, just hard to knew your joking when she just met you guys. Maybe next time no so harsh, as for the hospital by the bay, we all live right around the corner from the place and have our whole lives. Problem is it's guarded by the army not security so getting caught isn't just your normal slap on the wrist. We have seen many times where the police helicopters were sent out to look for people over there. Just wondering if anyone else had personally been there and knew anything different, because like you said we want to go in before it's gone, just don't want to be stupid about it. It's actually what I do, out of the four of us I am the one that finds all of the places we go to and I am the one that does all the research on security, it's history, it's address ( MD Case Search is amazing for that), and how to get in and out. She was just asking because I went on a b*tchfest the last time we went out because the place we went to was a bust (actually was a PA state police barracks now) and I heard crap from the other people about it. So I challenged them to research some place new and that was what she was trying to do.

Wow.
    Wanted to bump up the original point of carsnrockmusic's thread before it gets locked.

Quote Originally Posted by carsnrockmusic View Post
    I'm going somewhere local in a couple weekends. It's not as exciting as many of the places I've seen on here but since it's my first time I'm pretty stoked. Anyways was just seeing if anyone close/far/whatever would be interested in going as well. It'd be cool for the new guy to meet some of you. I live in an area of Richmond surrounded by abandonment so it may end up being more than one if it's practical and there's enough time. I have a bud that may be coming up from Chesapeake that may go as well.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Plenty of people have been there. Been there a few times myself, and I have ran into security there. Never heard of any helicopters coming to look for people, that sounds a little ridiculous to me. Its all in how you handle yourself, with that being said. You also have to think about going to a place a night. Not the best idea. Security is more lax during the day and you look less out of place. What would think if four people came running across and abandoned campus in the middle of the night with flashlights. Just think about it. Also, you might want to think about taking the real names and maps of the places off of your myspace for anyone to see. You don't want them scraped or tagged to hell and back, you put a name out there any fool with the internet can find it. Which is why we don't take kindly to people asking for hands on locations.

We all give each other a hard time on here, we always have. Kts is a cake eater, I'm surprised he can pull himself away from his cake long enough to pick up a camera. Paranoid? is old, it amazes me he can get his walker into some of these places. mANVIL is a crazy fish drinking version of Dave Mathews. As for me, I am Satan and have been told to buy a Tom Cruise mask to wear exploring so I don't draw attention to myself. Enough said. These are some of the best all around people I have ever met and I still give them a hard time, and they give it right back. As DevilC said, If you can't handle a hard time, this isn't the place for you.

I think it was more of everytime she posted something she was berated with sarcasm and sh*tty remarks, again joking is cool, just hard to knew your joking when she just met you guys. Maybe next time no so harsh, as for the hospital by the bay, we all live right around the corner from the place and have our whole lives. Problem is it's guarded by the army not security so getting caught isn't just your normal slap on the wrist. We have seen many times where the police helicopters were sent out to look for people over there. Just wondering if anyone else had personally been there and knew anything different, because like you said we want to go in before it's gone, just don't want to be stupid about it. It's actually what I do, out of the four of us I am the one that finds all of the places we go to and I am the one that does all the research on security, it's history, it's address ( MD Case Search is amazing for that), and how to get in and out. She was just asking because I went on a b*tchfest the last time we went out because the place we went to was a bust (actually was a PA state police barracks now) and I heard crap from the other people about it. So I challenged them to research some place new and that was what she was trying to do.
    F/RoX

With the places on our Myspace, I only put maps up of places that are already past salvage. I have gotten requests and continue to turn them down about putting up maps to other places but the other places still have things left and like you said I don't want people to find them. I guess we could change the names to some of the places. Like I said though the maps and directions are to places that are basically gone or just a shell left. It's ashame that they have gotten to be like that, but it's true. We have tried doing a couple of places during the day and it just isn't the same. There is just something about being at some of these places at night that just make them so much better. You just feel like something else is there with you sometimes. I understand what you are saying about it looking better and it being easier during the day though.

I couldn't disagree more. It's harder to take photos at night. It's a pain in the ass to not be able to use a flashlight without worrying about someone on the outside seeing it. Not having enough light to see that hole in the floor. My spider sense doesn't pick up on ghosts and orbs.
    With the places on our Myspace, I only put maps up of places that are already past salvage. I have gotten requests and continue to turn them down about putting up maps to other places but the other places still have things left and like you said I don't want people to find them. I guess we could change the names to some of the places. Like I said though the maps and directions are to places that are basically gone or just a shell left. It's ashame that they have gotten to be like that, but it's true. We have tried doing a couple of places during the day and it just isn't the same. There is just something about being at some of these places at night that just make them so much better. You just feel like something else is there with you sometimes. I understand what you are saying about it looking better and it being easier during the day though.
    F/RoX

I can't say this enough... we enjoy photographing, but we are much more into the exploring aspect. Just being there, a part of history for a brief amount of time. That's why we do it. It's beyond interesting. The photo's aren't gonna get us paid or anything, that's not what we're doing. They're just things to look back on and reference. The night completes the experience for us. Not to mention, I have college, others have work during the day, and two of us work weekends during the day. Makes it difficult...

jesus fucking christ. i can't leave you children alone for a few hours...

at least it looks like this has been sorted out.

wreckless/reckless abandonment, welcome to UA and the internet. we joke with people and give them a hard time. it's called hazing. this hobby and the internet are not for the thin skinned. that said i don't think there has been anything that harsh said, mostly stuff that translates down to "post some photos" and "you should try going to these places in the daylight"

oh and posting real names of places, parking, etc in public areas (your myspace page, public forums here, etc) are frowned upon. stuff like that will make a lot of other explorers extremely hesitant to share information with you.

now back on topic, carsnrockmusic i'll drop you a PM about checking out stuff down your way soon.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

With the places on our Myspace, I only put maps up of places that are already past salvage
    who cares if the place is just a shell.. doesnt mean you need to point more people to it and have it torn up even further. It's people like YOU... that cause the destruction of places. However indirect it may be.... you are still directing them to the locations.

the reason most has been said, on here... most are into the photography aspect... exploring and capturing the locations as they should be, uniquely. I guess you could say... youre a 'different breed' of 'explorers'. However most people I know dont always go to places at night due to the high possibility of being caught.. and you cant even see the place!

you getting all caught up and butthurt over little comments isnt going to make you/your "group/crew" look any better.

Most see UEing as going to a place to explore and capture a location as it stands to preserve what is left photographically(or sometimes video). Not just run around a place at night using your point n shoots/flash lights complaining about security and having some "crew" to brag about. Thats something kids in middle and high school do cause they have nothing better to do, and think its oh so cool. If you were actually interested in the places youre going to... you'd do your exploring during the day when you can see the location... and take photos with some substace.

/redundant rant.