Thread: Mystery Surrounds Leavenworth's Und

Default Mystery Surrounds Leavenworth's Und

...erground City.

I have seen this on a few sites and figured i would share it here.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/17126244/detail.html#-
    "I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you."

If I had to guess I would say it was some kind of Prohibition era stuff. But 1800s would be way too old. But I could see it being like an underground liquor store for people who did bootlegging and stuff. You wouldn't stay down there you would just go into whatever "front" there was, go down and purchase the liquor of your choice from the guy who made it then go back up and be on your way. Seems like a very good idea.

yeah i was thinking something along the lines of liquor sales and such, but i kind of wish kansas was closer. i wanna check it out.
    "I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you."

I want to go.
    kansas isn't that far.

I have seen and photographed the underground city in Ellenwood KS, out by Greatbend - that's open to the public though.
    I explored all up through this area when I lived there - mostly schools and churches. I have heard rumors of this from locals but finding a way in, even referring to city public service maps, yielded nada. . . .
    Damn.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson