Thread: China's Miners Toil in Misery

Thumbs up China's Miners Toil in Misery

I just watched a piece on Al Jazeera about China's coal mining industry that was pretty sweet.
    Print story with links to the videos is HERE.
    It's from the summer of 2008, but I'd somehow missed it.
    Chinese film maker Yang Shaobin visited a mine in Hubei, China's coal capital.
    The scale of China's coal fired economy is staggering. . . .
    A coal fired power plant is opening every week with plans for 500 more.
    China loses an average of 16 coal miners each day.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 3 User

I just wanted to say that this thread looked funny on the main page, with the title "China's workers toil in misery" and a great big thumbs up next to it.

Thumbs up

Well, it was no accident . . . .
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson