Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explore Solo Much?

Level 3 User

Ill go to places I have been before alone depending on the safety factor (falling through floors, rusty catwalks etc). Otherwise I always have a buddy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StealthMonkey View Post
    Ill go to places I have been before alone depending on the safety factor (falling through floors, rusty catwalks etc). Otherwise I always have a buddy.
    I heard your buddy gets jealous when you go alone though

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by mentok View Post
    I heard your buddy gets jealous when you go alone though
    Ha! You got me. Indeed she does.

I just got back from a solo trip to the nasty rubber factory. I was waiting for my buddy and right as I was about to text him to ask whats up he sent a text that said his girlfriend was sick and he couldn't go. I decided to walk over to the place and see what is going on. When I noticed boarded up doors I tried to find a new way in. I found one and one thing led to another and I ended up just going through the whole place. That place is WAY more rotten than even 8 months ago. And bricking up the windows doesn't help with the light situation. But there were 2 rooms in the place that made it worth it.

Level 1 User

Alone now that I live here.In the cities I like to go with company.

Yes. And one day, I'm going to get ass raped by a hobo for it.

There's some things you just learn to expect.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
    Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988), "Job", 1984

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTaco View Post
    Does anyone else ever explore alone? Do you explore only with a group? Do you do both? I spent three hours out in the western power whore this weekend and it was cool to just have the entire place to myself. Lots of peace and quiet in some industrial decay.
    Every single time. I don't want to have to worry about other people. PLUS, a group of people heading into a building is going to draw more attention than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DashingFlamingos View Post

Now THAT is my new mental picture to deter solo-explore-- that & the not so melty polar Alaska.

Thumbs up

Keep eating your Wheaties and you will have strength to outrun the hobos with your energy legs.

Quote Originally Posted by DashingFlamingos View Post

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 1 User

I try to go alone but since I'm still a bit new, I chicken out sometimes because I see multiple scenarios of my death/incarceration flash before my eyes when I enter the building/tunnel.

There are some places I wanna go to despite people that are close. I like the idea of solo because you get to take as much time as you want, be yourself, etc etc. I have taken another person to explore the tunnels with me (That I think I don't ever want to do tunnels alone. Buildings are one thing, underground tunnels are something else entirely). It was fun and I have something to share memories with but I worried a lot about noise level and such. That and while she was more courageous than me with exploring the tunnels, I'm more courageous than her with dealing with authorities (Meaning: I know how to lie my derriere off and be convincing about it!). Thankfully we never run into any cops.

i dont really get to explore that much but if i do i usually go with 1 or 2 people ... i need some exploring buddy/s to explore with so pm me if you want to
    -Zac

I explored the largest building in Alaska twice on my own. The first time without a tripod and the second with a cold.

Other than that, I go with local explorers.

Talking

i want to do some more exploring but i need an exploring bud/s to go with plus i cant drive yet, but i can definitely pay my share of gas
    -Zac

I do lots of solo exploring. Its much easier to break into places when you know you are the only person who can fuck up the plans. That being said, lots of people only explore on weekends, and I like to do it during the week as well, so I end up going alone a lot anyways. Though I'll bring my inexperienced friends along sometimes if its a big, easy, tourist-like location

Nope...being a gal I'm too scared going to places around here alone. I'd be more comfortable in PA where I lived since there's no criminals in that area hiding out. Around here though I'm afraid I'll become a chalk outline.

Abandoned: Group
    Active: One other person or alone. (very relaxing when walking through a site by yourself, and knowing you're the only one with such a kick ass view at night.)
    "There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet"-Schwarzwald

Level 1 User

I never go alone nor do any of my associates.

I also hate my friends. So thats another good reason to explore alone.

Quote Originally Posted by futureimpaired View Post
    I also hate my friends. So thats another good reason to explore alone.
    I like my friends, but they definitely have the ghey, so they would rather go to a wedding or paint the bathroom than explore some crusty old building.

A couple of weekends ago, I had the privilege to explore a certain popular power plant by myself. There wasn't another soul in the place. It was spectacular. The same place was a circus last weekend.

The day after the power plant, I explored with two others. Comfort in numbers, except that we all wandered away from each other. At some point, I saw someone walking around and I had to pause and think "is that one of us or is that some security?" It was one of our group fortunately, but still.

With a group, as small as it was, there are still issues about keeping the group together and how long people take photographing stuff while everyone else wants to move on.
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

I'll do it by myself if there is security or it's risky, but I'd prefer to have 1-2 other people with me.