Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recommendations for explorers.

Quote Originally Posted by mentok View Post
    Fixed it for you, its been bothering me for weeks...
    Only from an alcoholic....
    Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by breviceps View Post
    Only from an alcoholic....
    some people need water to keep hydrated, i use alcohol

whiskey doesn't mean "Water of Life" for nothing

I agree with the talking. I prefer that no one know I am inside. I have been places with peolpe that laugh, kick things and make all kinds of racket and i just cringe. You can only say shut up so much. Am I paranoid? yes. Have I ever been caught? once. ( i got let go, boobs , innocence and a killer smile work like a charm)
    Oh and dont climb the outside of a building when you know cops are patroling.
    Your hand is staining my window.

Level 1 User

When I started exploring I was attacked by some stray dogs,had to beat them off me.Got bit bad and almost lost an eye.I carry a can of bear spray now.I haven't used it exploring yet,just on bike rides.
    It seems folks around here think it's my fault their dog attacks me.Worst part?I like dogs,it's the irresponsible owners I'd like to punish.

Level 1 User

I agree with the talking. It wracks my nerves.

I have to up almost all my gear if I want to spelunk some more. I may invest in a crowbar for opening up places and beating off possible bad people. I have to get boots because all I own are rocking horse shoes, platforms and converses. None are good for deep spelunking. I got a growing collection of flashlights so I'm good there. Ditto with gloves, what I own has a very strong grip and thick so no cuts.

Word of advice .. do not bring crow bars, screw drivers, or any objects that a cop would consider to be "a tool of braking in and entering".. just ask a few crew members.
    being quite is a bit hard if your born a loud mouth, so maybe those people should wear full respirator masks to silence there voice.

When it comes to dressing up for the occasion, its no party or a night out so dress down, lots of dark colors and less hot pink, or white shirts, try to be one with the building.

and last.. bring plenty of food, and water, beer, liquor, and w/e else you shall enjoy, consume responsibly and do not litter .. keep your trash with you.. or i will kill u ..

-Ninja Alex
    MD/DE-crew

Level 1 User

Noted with the crowbar. I'm passing that up now. I'm about to get some tennis shoes and galoshes fit for spelunkin (and parkour, and day to day use of something with an arch support that don't bother my ankle).

I keep my package light but I do keep water and snacks (occasionally) in mind.