Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traditions, Habits and UE OCD

Wicked Retarded Crew Descending's Avatar

Lysol... To kill the odor of said mANVIL sized shits...
    F/RoX

I was a little OCD about my prep before an explore, but I have kicked the lamination habit.... most of the time
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

I always empty my memory card and charge the batteries before an exploration. Going somewhere and having your camera die on you sucks. Now that I have a back up POS to accompany my rebel I should be set.

But I always like to get pictures of me pretending to talk into an abandoned phone, I dont know why. And I also realized I usually take at least one doorknob and windosil picture each place i go.
    'You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make shit in this country... build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets.'

I always try to wear my steel-toed logger healed work boots along with a pair of old Levis and a cheap grey tee shirt as I hate when I get grease or something on my nice stuff. Oh, always have my knife on my belt; never know when you need to pry something apart with it. Oh a friend and I always try to take a "too hot for UER photo".

Quote Originally Posted by kts View Post
    After going to a few too many spots and realizing 1/2 way through the place that I had been shooting at 1600ISO the entire time I always check, and recheck my ISO when I take my camera out.
    As schmoo, Paranoid?, and Descending always say.. EVERY DAY IS CHECK YOUR ISO DAY!
    Oh I hate when that happens. Now almost every time I take a photo I double check it. I was not as lucky thought. I downloaded my photos before I noticed my mistake.

Another ruined photo due to the ISO knob.

I always wear my old wrestling shoes from high school... They are super light, very easy to climb in and make almost no sound... Not to mention they are super comfy.....
    I want to eat your brains and gain your knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by kaeland420 View Post
    I always wear my old wrestling shoes from high school... They are super light, very easy to climb in and make almost no sound... Not to mention they are super comfy.....
    they are indeed silent footwear.
    "I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you."

Level 3 User

Pack 2 cameras - 1 film / 1 digital
    Pack lenses
    Make sure cards are formatted / film is in camera
    Lash tripod to bag
    Take a poop
    Double check to make sure tripod is lashed to bag, place in car
    take dogs out, smoke a cig - wonder if tripod is lashed to bag.
    make damn sure I dont have to poop anymore
    leave, hit the mufuggin stop-n-go for some water
    arrive, take bag out of car. Curse self repeatedly for thinking tripod was lashed to bag
    grab crappy tripod that lives in trunk for situations like this.
    Explore!

While its not applying these few days... when I'm back up & swinging it certainly will.

-Drive drive drive.
    -Charge everything.
    - Gloves.
    -Water.
    -*Censored* (if timing is possible )
    -Flour sack towels-- destructable if necessary & reusable if not.

Oh, and catching whomever I might be shooting with in some odd shot-in-passing.

Not to mention, girls wrestling is incredibly HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by kaeland420 View Post
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

one habit I would like to maintain is explore more places.

Level 1 User

I have to take a picture of a doorway, an open doorway at that. There's just something about them to me that I like so much.

I have to have my gloves, flashlight, cell phone and camera with me but not having a respirator (untill next week when I buy my AOSafety respirator (yay for job!)) kept me out of a few places because I really do have OCD.

I run over possible scenarios (and adventures) out in my head at least a billion times before I go on an expedition to get my story straight, what could go wrong and how to correct it, etc etc. Exciting stuff.

I have a thing for bathrooms. Dont ask.
    Your hand is staining my window.

Mine is kinda girly. Everyplace new I go I tie a strand of pink ribbon on a main door knob as a symbol that I was there. It's a way to leave my mark without damaging anything.
    Amanduh_L3igh

Shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, & teeming with souls shall it ever be.