Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth...

Wicked Retarded Crew Descending's Avatar

Default The Fourth...

Alright folks... It's that time again... The fourth is here... We have some of the best seats in the city for the fireworks... So, who's interested in catching the show from the roof of abandonated building... Place still to be determined, just want to know if anyone is down...
    F/RoX

looks like lebow and gunther brewery are about the same distance from the harbor. manvil, travis, and schmoo took their photos from gunther last year. looks like a decent view. maybe there's one closer.

travis' photos from last year:

http://www.urbanatrophy.com/forum/sh...ight=fireworks
    leave the gun, take the canoli.

westport and gould are both closer tho. westport could be hard to do now that a lot of the building is torn apart. gould could be hard because the turbine building is back online.

anybody have any other ideas? this would be awesome and i'd so be there if i didn't have prior commitments.

i've done it before from an active building in DC, and i promise you - watching fireworks from eye level is teh awesome! you guys need to go!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by don corleyone View Post
    i've done it before from an active building in DC, and i promise you - watching fireworks from eye level is teh awesome! you guys need to go!!!!!
    That is the truth, did it last year and I've never seen fireworks like that before...

Who's up for the Hotel?? Might have to get in early to avoid the street walkers below.

"There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet"-Schwarzwald

I hope yours is a blast...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/17/bu.../17kaboom.html

If anyone feels like lots of grilled chicken, H-style (highly-rated), and many other eats, feel free to come up to beautiful Amish country. My lovely wife will make you a nice plate of viddles. And I will pour you nice glass of whatever you are drinking, often.
    A skunk sat on a stump. The stump thought the skunk stunk. The skunk thought the stump stunk. Who stunk? The skunk or the stump?

Quote Originally Posted by explorer_h View Post
    I hope yours is a blast...
    If anyone feels like lots of grilled chicken, H-style (highly-rated), and many other eats, feel free to come up to beautiful Amish country. My lovely wife will make you a nice plate of viddles. And I will pour you nice glass of whatever you are drinking, often.
    Food, fun &... well not the 3rd F... but still I think I hear the rumble of feet comin' your way Howie You so niiiiice!

This is a great idea. Back home we have climbed up on top of an pod mill and watched the fireworks.

A few years ago we were landing at Regan airport right as they were setting off the fireworks at the Washington monument. Everyone on the plane was ooh and ahhing until one exploded right beside the plane. Then everyone was screaming like we were going to die.

So let me know if you guys do anything and I will see you guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by piplnr65656 View Post

A few years ago we were landing at Regan airport right as they were setting off the fireworks at the Washington monument. Everyone on the plane was ooh and ahhing until one exploded right beside the plane. Then everyone was screaming like we were going to die.

this was funnAy. would lol again.

I shall be watching the rockets red glare and bombs bursting in the air across from the nation's first capitol on the fourth. With an awesome view from 11 stories up and a asbestosburger!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
    I shall be watching the rockets red glare and bombs bursting in the air across from the nation's first capitol on the fourth. With an awesome view from 11 stories up and a asbestosburger!
    the clocktower? we were just talking about that. what an awesome view.

i was in that parking lot last sunday watching kids on a moonbounce.
    "I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you."

I have a nice roof location on the Delaware from which to barbeque and watch the fireworks from. It should be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by don corleyone View Post
    the clocktower? we were just talking about that. what an awesome view.
    I don't think we're talking about the same places bro. All i'll say is that this place is basically located in detroit's baby brother. Soldat, it's gonna be epic beyond words and not be a FAIL for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
    I don't think we're talking about the same places bro. All i'll say is that this place is basically located in detroit's baby brother....
    ah, word. the clocktower is 14 stories - i shoulda caught that. still, it would be an awesome view too.

So has anything been decided?

teh fucking tower at the home depot in philly.
    fuck. i didnt think of that!
    I loved the view from up there.
    gotta go back again, and find that damn bowling alley too.

I wonder how the view of the fireworks would be from up there... If they are launching in south phl then, that place, would be superb.
    dogfishheaded

I have to go back to the depot to try to get in that tower again. Last time I was there every door was sealed. Not just the exterior doors either, every one inside was locked with a crossbar or padlock. Maybe scrappers have opened it up by now.

But yeah, that view would be awesome.

^^ you aren't missing anything other than the view.
    really, it's a nice spot to drink a few beers, or smoke a joint or something -
    but, other than that - lots of stairs, and a kinda small lil roof area.

and the view, it isn't that fantastic. If I remember right, you can only look towards the Delaware River near that one steam power plant, and then you can look towards center city. I think the stairwell door area blocks you from looking on the other side - unless, of course, you climbed up on top of that.
    but, it's been over 6 months since I've been there, and drugs, drugs, and more drugs have prolly affected my memory a bit.
    dogfishheaded