Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tick Bites & Lyme Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Well, it would be a fitting tribute to Dan if the site became abandodned and we came here every so often to explore it.

PS I know, I know, that's really lame. Sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself.
    Haha, an abandoned website! If something happened to me the site would die too... unless blivett picked up some html skills. The site is easy to upgrade and maintain but still... no one wants to put the time that I do into it.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

So what you're basically saying Dan is that if you keel over & Blivett is lacking the skills, we'll all become U.A. orbs

Well I had my follow-up visit and got my test results today. Looks like Im Lyme free! Was just an infected bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Well I had my follow-up visit and got my test results today. Looks like Im Lyme free! Was just an infected bite.

Damn, so i guess i want be getting the 20d...

JK

Glad your ok man, you almost had to give your self a Purple Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I agree, glad to know your okay.

Level 2 User

Don't depend on results. A lot of the time you need several tests before it shows up because the virus travels slowly and is sometimes not in the area where the blood/test was done.

The rash shows up on 30% of lyme disease infections. Don't look for a rash, you can still get lyme disease without the "bull's eye".

If you catch it early enough it is easy to treat. If you remove the tick within 12 hours it bit/attached to you, even if it's a carrier the risk of lyme is much lower.

The time it takes for the symptoms/effects of Lyme Disease to start showing could be days, weeks, months or even years.