Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCRAPPING and EXPLORING?

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by don corleyone View Post
    i just wanna play devil's advocate.
    doing a damn good job at it.

Though don't forget, even hard working tradesman fall victim to the harder stuff, turning copper into coke money might be economically feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    Discuss.
    Let's suppose a team of four men can move 50 lbs. of copper per hour each to their (presumably owned or stolen) U-Haul truck, which can hold 1600lbs of copper. Thats three hours of work, throw in another two hours for time to flip the copper to a scrap yard, and you have $200 a head, or $40/hour.

Not great, but $200 is a lot of booze, weed, or ladies... FO FREE

the feeling of "getting something for free" can often outweigh actual economics

I get tons of scrap wire from my work almost daily. You can sell the wire with insulation or without. But I don't waste time cleaning the wire cause it's a pain in the ass. I have been so tempted to scrapp at locations before but it's just not really worth it. One location I was at had easily about a $grand$ in wire that could of been loaded into a truck in about 1 hour.

I understand why scrappers do what they do but those guys that tear up all those walls for small wire are crackheads. I don't have a crack habit so I have never scrapped.
    I masturbate alone.

F/RoX

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fatLouie View Post

Not great, but $200 is a lot of booze, weed, or ladies... FO FREE
    Actually according to the current rates on craigslist $200 is not a lot of ladies, its approx 80% of a lady...

Default The Dishes = st0l3n! (not NSFW!!)

Quote Originally Posted by mentok View Post
    Actually according to the current rates on craigslist $200 is not a lot of ladies, its approx 80% of a lady...

Scary stuff there!
    Here are samples of ladies I just pulled from Washington, DC Craigslist.
    I'd pay them just to keep dressed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cl1.jpg   cl2.jpg   cl3.jpg   cl4.jpg   cl5.jpg  

cl6.jpg   cl7.jpg   cl8.jpg   cl9.jpg   cl10.jpg  

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

i mean i do take a handful of files to read through and spark my curiosity and i do take a momento but other then that it really pisses me off that people rip the walls apart and tear power boxes off the wall. The kingsville factory is a shithole. I found more trash and shit there from the "Cleanup" then things from the regular factory.
    I have my little oil canister from the factory and thats it. when people take dufflebags of shit out of the place its more then just scrapping its destruction. these places are dangerous enough without huge holes in the walls and floors or enough broken glass laying around
    Just sit back and take a drag.