Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCRAPPING and EXPLORING?

Default SCRAPPING and EXPLORING?

Is the connection between scrapping and exploring merely one of coincidence or is there a more sinister element to it?
    Do you think that there are any members of these exploration forums looking for good loot?
    Discuss.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 3 User

An inside man?

interesting.

Well - - - We already know that certain explorers lift medical equipment and use it for various purposes . . . .
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    Well - - - We already know that certain explorers lift medical equipment and use it for various purposes . . . .

Where else am I going to get clean needles??

How else do you expect me to pay my mortgage?

A good honest day's work?
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

The price of bear copper in MoCo nowadays is around 2.30$ a pound... I know cause Im an electrician. But I have never scrapped, but I will say I have been tempted to before.
    I masturbate alone.

F/RoX

I am taking a few rooms worth of wall tile from a certain center near and dear to us all.
    It's all going in a dumpster anyhoo.
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 3 User

I am taking a few rooms worth of wall tile from a certain center near and dear to us all.
    It's all going in a dumpster anyhoo.

So you're the one... testing the waters, eh?

I happen to know first hand of a member here who scrapped up my mill. he was supposed to be a friend of mine.

Level 3 User

Why you gotta tell on me seany????
    SIKE
    I cant say i havent thought about it thou. I told someone too seany.

Quote Originally Posted by shanky View Post
    I told someone too seany.
    good man.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who said something. I was really thinking about calling the po-po next time I heard he was up there.

and guys, he was stripping the power plant bldg. the sexy one.. then he moved on to all of the others. I told him I will call the cops if I find out he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    good man.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who said something. I was really thinking about calling the po-po next time I heard he was up there.

and guys, he was stripping the power plant bldg. the sexy one.. then he moved on to all of the others. I told him I will call the cops if I find out he keeps it up.
    oooo not cool! Is that place going down soon or what? I would hate to see it go, (and I'd love to hear that it isn't) but I'm just curious what the plans are, haven't heard much about it lately.

Level 3 User

i have a fork from Henryton.

Its served me well, but I am considering selling it at wholesale. what the price of stainless these days?

Wicked Retarded Crew Descending's Avatar

I guess its possible... Everybody is tempted to take things... We know that there are explorers with questionable morals...
    F/RoX

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Descending View Post
    I guess its possible... Everybody is tempted to take things... We know that there are explorers with questionable morals...
    I get blamed for shooting a fire extinguisher off at hill top, then i get a thread "shanky is a snitch", im cool with the world.

Alyssa, seany says its going going gone, but i haven't seen any asbestos guys up there yet so i don't think they can demo until.

Taking a few little things here and there for memories I don't really see a problem with, especially if we know the place is soon to be terminated.

While I see most scrappers as rednecks that can barely work a pay phone it would not surprise me if there were multiple scrappers lurking around UE forums. Maybe not so much the scrappers themselves but the people they supply who may in turn suggest different/new locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

While I see most scrappers as rednecks that can barely work a pay phone it would not surprise me if there were multiple scrappers lurking around UE forums.
    of course there are some idiots that use sledgehammers and dumbasses that get themselves killed by doing something stupid, but there are also some tradesmen (electricians, carpenters, plumbers) who realize the cost of copper and feel it's a victimless crime to take copper from a building that no one cares about. these people are skilled and trained, have proper tools and equipment, and are supplimenting their income to support their families (or drinking habit).

i am 100% absolutely NOT condoning it, i just wanna play devil's advocate.
    leave the gun, take the canoli.

I see Don's point, but:
    Logistically, is it not a pain in the ass to haul off copper????
    You gotta bring tools in and haul bulk metal out. . . . .
    Seems like a lotta work.
    So bulk Cu is worth what $2.50-ish/pound?
    How many hours and how much effort does it take to make it worth it?
    My billable rate is $50ish/hour. To me it seems like a HUGE hassle/risk for the pay-off.

Discuss.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wicked Retarded Crew Descending's Avatar

I see Don's point, but:
    Logistically, is it not a pain in the ass to haul off copper????
    You gotta bring tools in and haul bulk metal out. . . . .
    Seems like a lotta work.
    So bulk Cu is worth what $2.50-ish/pound?
    How many hours and how much effort does it take to make it worth it?
    My billable rate is $50ish/hour. To me it seems like a HUGE hassle/risk for the pay-off.

Discuss.
    If you need the money or know someone, why not... Places that are going down, possibly the workers themselves... No one is going to give them a hard time if they are suppose to be tearing the places down...
    F/RoX

Level 2 User

i knew a few folks that worked for a strip mall and did restorations/repairs. they would take the old wires out and cash them in themselves. they wouldnt even have to take it out, no one cared. and i made money for driving it to the junk yard. we were all happy.