Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drains/Sewers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage517 View Post
    Now do not go on Google and do an Image search if you are at work for that word...lol
    hahahaha exactly

Level 1 User

I like tunnelling personally. Awesome adventures for me. I found a tunnel system somewhere in Woodberry (There's a hint) and I really do want to explore it before it gets too cold. Thank goodness I just bought a new 10 LED mini flashlight that works stupendously and I'm getting a respirator after I get paid next week.

Banned

Just found this thread, and I've got to say. I often enjoy crawling around in drain/sewers alot more entertaining than buildings. Great places to work on your long exposures, due to the complete darkness factor. When you're below the world and the bustling city life, there's a feeling of complete peace. Thats just my opinion though. I've been with people who didn't understand the hobby and refused to go down, but once they were in decided they never wanted to come back up. I've spent alot of time underground and think the time helped me alot with my photography.

And that's my two cents.

I've never quite seen the appeal of crawling around dirty, wet drains, but I'm a fan of the whole sentiment "don't knock it 'til you've tried it", so I've always kept an open mind about draining and sewer exploration.

As a hopeless claustrophobic, I've been told that drains probably aren't the best place for me, but I'd still be willing to give it a shot. And since I'm dating the drain king of Massachusetts, chances are I'll find myself wreaking havoc deep underground eventually. It's only a matter of time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abandonedNH View Post
    I've never quite seen the appeal of crawling around dirty, wet drains, but I'm a fan of the whole sentiment "don't knock it 'til you've tried it", so I've always kept an open mind about draining and sewer exploration.

As a hopeless claustrophobic, I've been told that drains probably aren't the best place for me, but I'd still be willing to give it a shot. And since I'm dating the drain king of Massachusetts, chances are I'll find myself wreaking havoc deep underground eventually. It's only a matter of time.
    You certainly will. I just won't bring you to anything too too small

Quote Originally Posted by PunkUE View Post
    You certainly will. I just won't bring you to anything too too small
    Agreed. Small enclosed spaces = unhappy, anxiety-ridden Amy. Unless it's that mystery drain that we've already discussed. No matter how small that one is, I'm going in with you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abandonedNH View Post
    Agreed. Small enclosed spaces = unhappy, anxiety-ridden Amy. Unless it's that mystery drain that we've already discussed. No matter how small that one is, I'm going in with you.
    Oh, we're definitely going there. No doubt about that, but its not that small.

When we were kids we used to crawl in sewers all the time. A buddy of mine and I once got skateboards and we were laying on our backs through tunnels barely big enough to crawl through. In retrospect that wasn't a great idea but there was nothing to do where I grew up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Neighborhood Watch View Post
    When we were kids we used to crawl in sewers all the time. A buddy of mine and I once got skateboards and we were laying on our backs through tunnels barely big enough to crawl through. In retrospect that wasn't a great idea but there was nothing to do where I grew up.
    The second to last shot I posted is a dude on a board.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkUE View Post
    The second to last shot I posted is a dude on a board.

That pipe looks like you could hunch over and walk through it though. The ones we went in was a bit more of a squeeze. Plus consider we were in like 6th grade so an adult might not even fit inside. Never did find anything cool, just more dark pipes.

Level 1 User

Quote Originally Posted by mANVIL View Post
    I'm usually pretty open minded but who actually gives a rats ass about crawling through some drains/sewers?
    There are plenty of reasons to check out sewers and drains. A lot of times they lead to cool places. When I was visiting a friend in Rochester, NY, we checked out this drain near his house and it led into an abandoned subway system, one of the coolest UE adventures I've ever had. Also if you're into graffitti, there is susally some great art there. For some reason the places that nobody ever sees get the best tags. I guess maybe because bombers only want to tag their crap where people will see it.

UA needs more drains
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep

Level 1 User

Drains are how I got to Urban Exploring. I was a caver for years, bit in high school I had to move up to the city and have been hitting drains ever since. You can find so much stuff, mostly knives and change but you never know where you may pop up. There are some fun drains near the United Electric in Hagerstown.

Guess my point is: Drains are urban, little seen by the public, and full of interesting things, and therefore should be explored.

Level 3 User

Drains are insanely fun. you just have to put in the work to find the larger ones. and don't be a dumbass and go after it has rained

Nice shots workhors!
    Work. Buy. Consume. Die.

-Otep