Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How NOT to explore!

Default How NOT to explore!

Can anyone identify this lovely pair of explorers?
    One in an orange vest and the other in flip flops.

This is a 1/4 frame crop from the 18-200mmVR zoomed in to 200mm. Not toooo bad?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trespass.jpg  
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 3 User

Fine. I'll dress like this instead:

Dick Cheney and Jimmy Buffet?
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    Dick Cheney and Jimmy Buffet?
    LOL!

I think they were looking for a place to give each other t3h blowj0bz.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Level 3 User

I dont see what the big deal is. I ALWAYS wear a blaze orange jump suit when I explore. I also accesorize with my pink flashlights, beer hat and Hello Kitty backpack to hold all of my disposable cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthMonkey View Post
    I dont see what the big deal is. I ALWAYS wear a blaze orange jump suit when I explore. I also accesorize with my pink flashlights, beer hat and Hello Kitty backpack to hold all of my disposable cameras.
    you too?? wow, I thought I was original...
    "I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you."

Quote Originally Posted by StealthMonkey View Post
    How the HELL did I miss that?!? I was standing right next to you!!

Seriously though? That would be hot.

Man what a hard core group of explorers; One day i hope to grow up and be just like them, with no need for gear or even real shoes, those are the real Heros. /Sarcasm

Wait wait exploring in a speedo is outta style!

The orange/reflective vest is actually a great idea, especially if accompanied by a hard hat... maybe a roll of paper.

You can fit in almost anywhere looking like a typical worker/inspector.

True, but what you can't see in that pic is he also had on khaki shorts and sandals.
    "As a community we are united in our struggle, we say yes to life, no to things which threaten to destory us. Today we move towards a lifstyle of human values, based on love, governed by honesty, and secured by trust. No longer do we stand alone. We must be as open as the air, with the will to survive, the will to learn, and the will to create. We are a creative force motivated by each other. For the will of the people is the greatest force conceivable." - written on wall of mental hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The orange/reflective vest is actually a great idea, especially if accompanied by a hard hat... maybe a roll of paper.

You've just given me inspiration.
    I am so smart. I am so smart. "S" "M" "R" "T". I mean, "S" "M" "A" "RRRRRR" "T" - Mr. Simpson

Almost anywhere, yes. If you want to play it extra safe.. I would try to find a hard hat from an old construction worker/friend. The seemingly random stickers on a hardhat often mean a great deal of importance. Some stickers mean you've passed a safety test, some mean you are apart of a certain work type, some mean you are a foreman, some actually act as a credential on the work site.

Yeah I know it's probably overboard, but I just recently learned the above while working at the new nationals stadium. We were doing a few quick things to our signs behind home plate and a foreman spotted us pretty quickly because we had no stickers on our hardhats. And at that site it meant that we didn't take the initial safety test, didn't pass the drug test and didn't have a credential to get on site.

Just something to take into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Almost anywhere, yes. If you want to play it extra safe.. I would try to find a hard hat from an old construction worker/friend. The seemingly random stickers on a hardhat often mean a great deal of importance. Some stickers mean you've passed a safety test, some mean you are apart of a certain work type, some mean you are a foreman, some actually act as a credential on the work site.

Yeah I know it's probably overboard, but I just recently learned the above while working at the new nationals stadium. We were doing a few quick things to our signs behind home plate and a foreman spotted us pretty quickly because we had no stickers on our hardhats. And at that site it meant that we didn't take the initial safety test, didn't pass the drug test and didn't have a credential to get on site.

Just something to take into account.
    To make it even easier to spot many places will just use color coded hard hats. But this and what you described really only applies in busy areas with many workers. It wont matter when your just 1 guy out in the field.

I just bring my shotgun with me where I go now.

People don't fuck around with a dude carrying a shotgun.
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

Level 3 User

I have a bunch of hard hats, coveralls, and a white work truck. Do you think this really would work thou.

Quote Originally Posted by shanky View Post
    I have a bunch of hard hats, coveralls, and a white work truck. Do you think this really would work thou.
    Thousands of people do it every day and no one questions them. Just dont jump outta the truck and start crawling thru the grass. Act like your supposed to be there and like you know what your doing.

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by kts262 View Post
    I just bring my shotgun with me where I go now.

People don't fuck around with a dude carrying a shotgun.
    Omar comin'!!

Thousands of people do it every day and no one questions them. Just dont jump outta the truck and start crawling thru the grass. Act like your supposed to be there and like you know what your doing.
    Ghille suit. nuff said
    Just sit back and take a drag.