Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Army Ammunitions Plant Meet

Level 3 User

Updated! I think this will be a final count, this meet will be quite large! I think it can hold maybe one or two more at the max (don't want to overload the guard).

Yes, I will be going
    Servo (Rob)
    Emily
    Oherian (Jay)
    Tron (Craig)
    Andy
    MT
    Tim Bradford
    Mike Hamilton
    Manvil (Matt)
    Carnage 517
    Mike
    lesscrafted
    Sheva
    Doofus
    Greg Gilven
    Myself

Maybe...
    Stuart

Level 3 User

How much will the INAAP meet cost me?
    The cost accounts for the guard fee and for the insurance. The guard fee for the group as a whole is $20/hour (set by the security agency), and the insurance fee is being calculated at a flat $11. The trip should run between 10 AM and 6 PM -- 8 hours -- which should be the exhaustion point for most.

For everyone that is attending from this board, the cost will be $26/person. That fully covers eight hours with the guard and for the insurance. Don't take that for gospel yet, since I have not calculated in last minute additions on the "maybe" list or if we will need a second guard due to the number of people attending.

How can I pay?
    With this trip, I will be allowing both PayPal and check payments. I had a heck of a time keeping track of checks on the last trip, and PayPal would make simple work for both you and me.

I'll let you know more in the coming days! This should turn out to be a great trip, and at least it won't be another scorcher...

That's absolutely fine. Once you get a price set I'll send the money your way via paypal.

Too late to send a "Yes I will be going"?

Paypal = no problem. I'd be driving myself, with carpool possibility.
    "The most profound technologies are those that disappear. They weave themselves into the fabric of everyday life until they are indistinguishable from it." - Mark Weiser

Level 3 User

One of the "maybes" went to a "no" so I can add you to the list.

Doh I thought I was on this list as a yes, I've been a little busy and haven't had time to check it. If there is room I'm definitely down, if not I'll just cry a little at night.

kts (Kevin)
    All I do is party...
    L/amE

I really want to go, but I'm all the way here in Delaware and don't know how to get there! Oh man..lol.

Level 2 User

im gonna be in illinois the 1st-8th on leave. if it goes down in that period i might be able to make it depending on family and what not. but after those dates im out but my brother would probably like to go if you guys dont mind.

Level 3 User

I've closed registration on the meet. Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    OK! I called off work for the September 28-30th.

Maybe we should make a new post in a more private section of the forum to discuss other places to drive by along the way. Abandoned AND non-abandoned.
    Let me know where you set up camp I still have my name in the pot as carpool driver.

Side note: Holy testosterone, Batman!

I'll be coming from Danville, PA area so if there are people that don't want to make the haul by themselves... I'll be happy to play carpool-- so long as there is noone that gets carsick...

Level 3 User

Confirmed it today with INAAP, and we have our guard from last time, Lewis Love, that will be tagging along on the trip. He was great on the last excursion in, and knew his way in-and-out on the maze of roads within the facility.

Level 3 User

I have sent everyone who is going an e-mail with a PayPal payment request. I need your payment no later than September 20. If you are not comfortable with using PayPal, please PM me indicating you wish to pay by check or money order, which must be postmarked by September 20. I'll reply with my address to send it to.

The payment is $27 per person, which covers the insurance ($15) and guard ($12) fee.

(And Sheva, I need your e-mail address; please PM it to me )

Here is a list of who has confirmed:
    Sherman Cahal (me)
    Jay Baisden
    Robert Stevens
    Emily Zeller
    Craig Moyer
    Andy
    MT
    Tim Bradford
    Mike Hamilton
    Manvil
    Mike
    Lesscrafted
    Sheva
    Doofus
    kts262
    Greg Gilven

We will be meeting at 10 AM at Gate 2. Here is a step-by-step guide from Louisville, Kentucky. If you are interested in places to stay, there are hotels in Lexington (one hour east) where most of us will be staying at and departing from. We can possibly grab breakfast or something together.

I would also suggest bringing a lunch or snack, and water along the way. I planned for seven hours!

Thank you for making the trip possible!
    Last edited by mANVIL; 05-14-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Take me off the list, I have to work one of the days...ass's wont let me take off
    "There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet"-Schwarzwald

Level 3 User

Well, there will be a December meet (>15th) if you are interested. A little more chilly but there will be no chiggers, ticks and snakes

Quote Originally Posted by seicer View Post
    Well, there will be a December meet (>15th) if you are interested. A little more chilly but there will be no chiggers, ticks and snakes
    Ohh, chiggers-- how I have NOT missed thee. Again, I'm making the drive from Danville-ish/Philly area if there's someone who knows good road songs-- "99 bottles" of anything is off the list... What's a little 10 hour drive among friends anyway?

I'm hoping a few of the folks from this area heading up will get in touch with me so we can possibly see about coordinating a carpool/lodging. Time and money are of the essence to me and if it's not possible to work together with some folks to help ease both of those things I'm not sure I'll be able to make it solo.

Please PM me for my email address!!!

My offer: If you are from the area (Northern VA/MD) I will be happy to get my hands on a van and drive the carpool. I'd also be willing to pitch in a couple bucks towards sharring a room. I'm assuming this is an up on Friday, back on Sunday kind of deal.

^^Ditto. Carpool or bust.

Well, I have severely disappointing news. My boss just told me yesterday she will be going out of town that Friday and since she gets priority on leave, I will be left to man the office alone that day which won't mean I can make it to KY in 10 hours after a full day of work. I am SO bummed out and so terribly sorry...

That sucks!