Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Ammunitions Plant Meet

i can do either date.
    "As a community we are united in our struggle, we say yes to life, no to things which threaten to destory us. Today we move towards a lifstyle of human values, based on love, governed by honesty, and secured by trust. No longer do we stand alone. We must be as open as the air, with the will to survive, the will to learn, and the will to create. We are a creative force motivated by each other. For the will of the people is the greatest force conceivable." - written on wall of mental hospital

30th of September sounds good.

Level 3 User

Based on the responses I've gotten (here and elsewhere), the 30th of September seems to be the best possible date. So far, seven states are representing this! There are six strong "yes" votes for the 30th, with three additional maybes.

Do you have any cap or limit on the # of people you can bring?
    "As a community we are united in our struggle, we say yes to life, no to things which threaten to destory us. Today we move towards a lifstyle of human values, based on love, governed by honesty, and secured by trust. No longer do we stand alone. We must be as open as the air, with the will to survive, the will to learn, and the will to create. We are a creative force motivated by each other. For the will of the people is the greatest force conceivable." - written on wall of mental hospital

Level 3 User

I set an internal limit to 10, but there is no real limit. But since we are moving from building to building in a group, it may get a bit crowded in some areas. But in places like the power plant, I don't see that being a problem at all.

Yes, I will be going
    Servo
    Emily
    Oherian
    Tron (Craig)
    Andy
    MT
    Tim Bradford
    Mike Hamilton
    Manvil
    Carnage 517
    Mike
    lesscrafted
    Myself

Maybe
    Lord Awesome +2
    AbandonedSC
    Viablex
    Sheva
    Last edited by seicer; 08-16-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Names

It might be safer to move me to the maybe pile with a strong hope of possibility, depending on how my decrepit car is feeling. Anyone from NOVA/MD going who wants to carpool?

O thought I posted in here, I am soo there!
    "There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet"-Schwarzwald

Could work for yours truely as well... depends what my rounds look like. Joy.

Level 3 User

I'm a dumbass. I have my Windows calendar set up for the British custom, so its SEPTEMBER 29th, a Saturday.

..nice!!!!

Level 3 User

Updated list ^^ This is going to be large!

I'd go in that yes column if you'd have me.

You sure we can go in with that many people? Or are you expecting the usual number of last minute dropouts?

Level 3 User

Called them today and they said that there should be no problem with a group in the 15 range. The main issue is with people driving off into the active black powder manufacturing areas; it is highly unlikely anyone will be hiking out there on foot since its so large.

I'm probably going out on a limb and say that it will be capped at 16. There will be other trips out there, and I'm working out a way so that others can visit it at any time.

Awsome man, thanks for setting this up.

So, speaking to the members coming from this area, anyone plannign on carpooling? I think theres 4 maybe 5 of us? If we have to take two cars maybe we could convoy down.

Unless we decide to see a few spots along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So, speaking to the members coming from this area, anyone plannign on carpooling? I think theres 4 maybe 5 of us? If we have to take two cars maybe we could convoy down.

Unless we decide to see a few spots along the way.
    I think my parents are getting their new minivan this weekend or soon, surely before the 29th! I can see if they'll let me borrow it (that is part of the reason they are getting it) and I have no problem grabbing you all in MD on the way.

The meets on a Saturday. So are we going to plan to leave on Friday morning? Afternoon? And when do you want to come back? Sunday afternoon/evening? Maybe take an alternate route home to see more sights on the way home?

Afternoon/evening would work best for me in regards to taking time off. Coming back Sunday is great. I'm decently flexible.

OK! I called off work for the September 28-30th.

Maybe we should make a new post in a more private section of the forum to discuss other places to drive by along the way. Abandoned AND non-abandoned.