Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bakerton Quarry

Quote Originally Posted by CelticRaven View Post
    Looks like it might be time to break out the scuba tanks.
    I have to rent mine as well as a hose and a Diva, but I'm there with the rest!

Level 2 User

hows about the 6th im thinkin of headin out to get away. anyone with me on that one?

Level 1 User

Hi...my experience (not recent) at Bakerton quarry is that some local landowners' association members will call police if your vehicle doesn't have a crystal lake pass. I'd consider (but have't tried) parking near/in town and walking in---it's not far. Let me know how it goes.

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by garcia View Post
    Hi...my experience (not recent) at Bakerton quarry is that some local landowners' association members will call police if your vehicle doesn't have a crystal lake pass.

That IS the case, but they give you a warning in the form of a "citation"

its just a piece of paper that says "Don't come back, we have your tag number, and will call the cops if you we see you again."

I've only been twice, both times in different cars, so its been alright.

Level 1 User

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fatLouie View Post
    That IS the case, but they give you a warning in the form of a "citation"

its just a piece of paper that says "Don't come back, we have your tag number, and will call the cops if you we see you again."

I've only been twice, both times in different cars, so its been alright.
    All of this has changed! Cars are now towed without any warning.You will be arrested for trespassing even if you walk in!!! This property is privately owned. So are the roadways leading to it.Guards are often posted. Identities are checked and trespassers (even if they walk in) are arrested. You have to know a landowner and get a special one day pass to be there and few people are giving them out anymore. The local sherrif is out there almost every weekend. . . but property owners call him during the week too. If you park your car anywhere on the private roads it can be towed. These people have gotten really serious about this since all of the publicity. I would not recommend going here unless you want to ruin your outing by spending a lot of money either getting out of jail or retrieving your car from Courtney's Towing. I heard that the fines for trespassing here are going up and that some of the locals chase people off with guns.

Level 1 User

Quote Originally Posted by garcia View Post
    Hi...my experience (not recent) at Bakerton quarry is that some local landowners' association members will call police if your vehicle doesn't have a crystal lake pass. I'd consider (but have't tried) parking near/in town and walking in---it's not far. Let me know how it goes.
    See my post below. This is recent experience. Sherrif has been called and cars are being towed right and left. Even if you walk in identities are now checked and you are told to leave or the sherrif will be called. They are cracking down and getting really nasty about it.

Level 1 User

This story (the history of Bakerton posted above) was made up (fabricated) by a local kid and originially posted on Wikipedia. It has since been corrected on Wikipedia.

Level 3 User

Ok. that sucks.

There's a "Bakerton Quarry" group on Facebook, so it shouldn't be too hard to get a pass from a friendly local

Level 1 User

Smile

i live here and i go cliff jumping all the time during the summer, the people hate it and will chase you off, no they do not shoot an automatic weapon at you, but they will threaten you so you have to be pretty sneaky about swimming there if you don't have quarry rights.
    the only way to get quarry rights is if you live right on the quarry. i dont have them because im right outside of the perimeter =(

but as for all the marijuana growing and selling, that doesn't happen. its not like we sell it down at the store or anything, it's like any other place where people buy and sell weed secretly because obviously, its illegal.

oh and if you plan on swimming here, i'd park very far away, the people who do have rights to the quarry will slit your tires and/or call the cops on you.