Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found some graves in a basement

Default Found some graves in a basement

Was in an MD hospital today when I found something in a basement that I have never seen in anyone’s photos from this place before. Looked like graves. Mounds of dirt and tons of crosses.

There had been news of the cemetery being eroded by the local river. Possibly the uncovered graves were moved here. Hard to believe but fun to believe.

Looked like its been that way a long time and I dunno of any movies ever being filmed here so I dunno.... Ground was hard so I didn’t bother digging tho it looked like animals had burrowed into it a long time ago.

Well isn't that an interesting find...Could just be dirt and extra crosses stashed there...

Quote Originally Posted by angie
    Well isn't that an interesting find...Could just be dirt and extra crosses stashed there...
    Well this was a finished basement. All the dirst was over a concrete/tile floor. Thatd be a lot of work to just stash some dirt and crosses.

I suppose you have a good point hehe. I guess the question would be why move the graves to that location? Why not move them to another cemetery close by or something like that? Unless it's like in the movie Poltergeist. Where they said they moved the graves but really only moved the head stones...and it was just easier to put them in the basement.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by angie
    I suppose you have a good point hehe. I guess the question would be why move the graves to that location? Why not move them to another cemetery close by or something like that? Unless it's like in the movie Poltergeist. Where they said they moved the graves but really only moved the head stones...and it was just easier to put them in the basement.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Haha
    Well I have good reasons but reasons that will give away the actual location which I don't want to do in this public forum

looks pretty cool. Anything else eventful go on with your guys trip? what about with johnny law? This is high up on my list once i'm back into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Well I have good reasons but reasons that will give away the actual location which I don't want to do in this public forum
    Understandable. Maybe one day I'll find my way out there and find a better hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by mANVIL
    looks pretty cool. Anything else eventful go on with your guys trip? what about with johnny law? This is high up on my list once i'm back into things.

I steped on a baby deer, and it scared the living shit out of me.

The basement still makes no sence to me tho...

May I ask how big the basement is? From the image it looks pretty small but that could be just a small portion of the basement. It is strange that anyone would be so lazy as to move graves into a basement, though now I think about it a little more, maybe it was to keep the graves from eroding again. Kind of creepy too!

Default re: W.T.F.

I heard that they relocated the graves of that place & if you go down the road, there's a large memorial plaque of all the people who had died there, so this could be a coincidence. May be checking it out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rednissan2000
    I heard that they relocated the graves of that place & if you go down the road, there's a large memorial plaque of all the people who had died there, so this could be a coincidence. May be checking it out this weekend.
    Erosion uncovered some graves and they were relocated... Where? Who knows. Maybe we do now.

As for the memorial. That is also true. Its located at the original grave site. (see attachment for an image of the memorial. I blurred the location name)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails memorial.jpg  

Level 3 User

The graves were in the lot behind the memorial they were shallow and older graves had no caskets and multiple bodies were dumped into single graves, this was relocated in the late 80's, as for the crosses they are to new to be from when the graves were there and not to mention the graves had stone markers mostly unnamed the most of the names on the memorial were pulled from state records. As for Johnny law that's no problem I have been several times drove right up parked got out walked the whole place about 3-4hrs. I honestly don't see the big deal with this place every web site states this place is so HOT! "use caution", this used to be a big party hangout location, I have even stopped and talked with security several times and showed them pictures I have taken, just remember sometimes it's easy to ask, it's more difficult to convince.
    Last edited by iNsAnE; 06-27-2006 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iNsAnE
    The graves were in the lot behind the memorial they were shallow and older graves had no caskets and multiple bodies were dumped into single graves, this was relocated in the late 80's, as for the crosses they are to new to be from when the graves were there and not to mention the graves had stone markers mostly unnamed the most of the names on the memorial were pulled from state records. As for Johnny law that's no problem I have been several times drove right up parked got out walked the whole place about 3-4hrs. I honestly don't see the big deal with this place every web site states this place is so HOT! "use caution", this used to be a big party hangout location, I have even stopped and talked with security several times and showed them pictures I have taken, just remember sometimes it's easy to ask, it's more difficult to convince.
    Please re-size your beast images before uploading

Not to be condesending iNsAnE, but maybe we all say that the place is "HOT" so less people find it and it stays the way it is. We dont want this to become the 2nd glenndale or even worse another Rosewood.
    Level two Jew

FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maypost
    Not to be condesending iNsAnE, but maybe we all say that the place is "HOT" so less people find it and it stays the way it is. We dont want this to become the 2nd glenndale or even worse another Rosewood.
    Exactly! When someone says "go here and get an m-16 in your face" it may or may not be true but it's definitely a deterrent. Look at the MD hospitals that are well known on the internet by their real names... Henryton, Glenndale and Rosewood... Beat down and burned down. Ghost hunters, scrappers, grafitti artists, vandals, etc... all feed off of people who like to let names/info slip.

Level 2 User

the first picture in this thread is pretty creepy. and i now understand why its important to not be so open about these places, now that rosewood isnt the same.

Just an update... we went back here and investigated and poked around a little. Found shreds of fabric and pieces of old shoes but no bodies. I don't wanna say mythbusted just yet but I doubt they are graves. Either way there is still a bunch of un-explainable stuff in that room.

I have the day off and was going to go for a jog through the campus this morning with my camera in my neckbag and hit up a few of the buildings I didnt get to see before. Got there around 8am and saw approx 15-20 cars parked along the shoulder of the main entrance including squad cars. Everyone was out of their cars talking in the middle of the street. I'm assuming the road was hit by flooding.

Level 1 User

did anyone find out if these were really graves?

Quote Originally Posted by spiritgirl703 View Post
    did anyone find out if these were really graves?
    No one knows for sure but we are leaning towords them NOT being graves... Still can't explain it tho