Thread: morgue in henryton?

Default morgue in henryton?

I have been to Henryton about five or six times to explore and take pictures. Each time I go (because of this morbid curiousity I seem to have) I look for the morgue but have yet been unsuccessful. I'm thinking that it's in the main building/s rather than the brick buildings around the campus and since it was a tuberculosis hospital at one point one would assume that there would be a morgue somewhere....anyone have any information on the whereabouts or existence?

The ideal location for a morgue would be where the kitchen is now located with access to a loading ramp at the back of the building. Many people even say that the wooden morgue looking doors in the kitchen were the morgue.

I say no way... the design just isnt right and we looked up the info on the company that made the doors and they do nothing but food service stuff.

Ive looked all around the main building and couldnt find anything but old walk-in freezers. My guess is that it either got covered up somehow or was removed when the center was converted from TB treatment to other use.

I really need to just ask my grandfather, he worked there.

I have het to find it either. For that matter, I have yet to find any real medical examination type rooms.
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Quote Originally Posted by KosherBenz
    I have het to find it either. For that matter, I have yet to find any real medical examination type rooms.
    You won't find anything like that at Henryton. Closest you might find that is at Lutheran Hospital in the city.:

http://www.urbanatrophy.com/locations/17/loc1715.jpg

Level 3 User

yeah i have to agree 100% with dan. there is no current morgue at henryton, im sure there was one at some time in the facilities operational days. ive explored all of those building extensivley and never seen anything resembeling a morgue.

i dont agree with the people that say that the freezers in the kitchen are reminates of the morgue. i think they are just that, freezers.

I was recently at henryton and stumbled across something very strange... I cant remmember why I didnt take any pics but I didnt. There was a room in the lower level of the main building... I think it was on bottom floor of the back wing with the stairway that goes up to the roof. Anyway, there was a room within that room that had wooden doors with maybe 12 panes of glass in each one. It also had a bunch of windows between the 2 rooms. The weird thing is none of the glass was broken. The doors were stuck but once we got in it was just an empty room with what looked like fresh drywall on one of the walls. Now when I say fresh Its many years old but much newer looking than the rest of the place. It was just weird. Why was that room not busted up and why the newer drywall.... what was covered up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I was recently at henryton and stumbled across something very strange... I cant remmember why I didnt take any pics but I didnt. There was a room in the lower level of the main building... I think it was on bottom floor of the back wing with the stairway that goes up to the roof. Anyway, there was a room within that room that had wooden doors with maybe 12 panes of glass in each one. It also had a bunch of windows between the 2 rooms. The weird thing is none of the glass was broken. The doors were stuck but once we got in it was just an empty room with what looked like fresh drywall on one of the walls. Now when I say fresh Its many years old but much newer looking than the rest of the place. It was just weird. Why was that room not busted up and why the newer drywall.... what was covered up!
    I saw that too. I wondered why there was new drywall there? Kinda makes me wonder wht was behind it?
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Quote Originally Posted by KosherBenz
    I saw that too. I wondered why there was new drywall there? Kinda makes me wonder wht was behind it?
    That was you that was with me when I saw it

Anyway, there was a room within that room that had wooden doors with maybe 12 panes of glass in each one. It also had a bunch of windows between the 2 rooms. The weird thing is none of the glass was broken. The doors were stuck but once we got in it was just an empty room with what looked like fresh drywall on one of the walls.

thats really interesting, especially comparing it to how the rest of the complex looks. maybe i'll have to go back there sometime in the not too distant future. i can look for it and take some pictures for you

That was you that was with me when I saw it
    Doh!
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

So I went back yesterday with the intent of looking for that room you guys found. However, because of lack of sufficient lighting we didn't do a lot of exploring on the lower levels. I did take some sweet pictures though!

Holy resize Batman!!!!

(luckly i can see the full images without scrolling )

I went for a bike ride today, I ended up on the other side of the water, near the powerplant
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?