Thread: Whats the Furthest?

Default Whats the Furthest?

What is the furthest you have traveled just to shoot a location?

I am thinking about making a trip to Buffalo... Furthest I have traveled at this point is NJ.

My furthest so far was a little under 300 miles one way. That's nothing compared to some of the people on here.

Manhattan Kansas to Chadron, Nebraska - 600+ miles one way.
    Those Mid-western byways are just mind-blowing.
    Everyone should take a detour across the heartland.
    It's not as stunning all at once as a colossal abandonment, but the things you see along the way and the people you meet amidst the decay are so fascinating.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

I traveled from Hanover, PA to Deep Creek Lake to my dad's house (166.58 miles ) From there I drove to WHS in Louisville, Ky (452.36 miles). Total trip combined was 618.94 miles, I almost needed an oil change when I got home

I've only went from College Park, MD (DC) to martinsburg, westva, then north 2 hours or 250 miles to coal country PA.

I took a trip up to Buffalo last summer...though I think that the Nebraska trips wins this one!
    Nothing's lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we've left behind, and dreaming ahead. -Angels in America: Perestroika

F/RoX Honorary Member

drove to Texas and back just to explore, about a grand each way.

Been to Easter Island too, just to shoot it so that but i doubt that counts. I went to Santiago, Chile to visit family, and recked out to easter island to explore around(but I dont know if i would czall it UE per say)
    Level two Jew

FTW!!!

I tend to keep my explorations within a 200 mile radius. Past that, I second guess if it is worth it... Tho I do really wanna head up north this summer.

I have stopped by locations that are 350+ miles away before... But, that was on a trip - and not solely done for exploration... Then there was the time I was in Houston, and Detroit.. So, I've been far I guess.

Still, past 200 miles, and I'm hating... HATING the drive back home.

AZ, part pleasure, part soul searching, not much UE, but got great pictures of the desert.
    A.S.E.

The farthest that I have traveled so far was to Baltimore... only about 100 miles but still was a lengthy trip..

I travelled to Hiroshima, Japan just to shoot the A-Bomb Dome. Honest!

I did go to Japan for the Tokyo Auto Salon and then planned to see the dome in Hiroshima but then I found out some friends where living in Hiroshima so I went to visit them for a few days and also take pics of the dome.

If I ever get the time off from work again I plan on doing a road trip up north and out to the midwest shooting a lot of locations along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kts262 View Post
    I travelled to Hiroshima, Japan just to shoot the A-Bomb Dome. Honest!
    Im very jealous!! Im actually working on a graphic novel that involves the dome in Hiroshima. Do you have the pics posted somewhere? I would love to see them!!