Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Haunts, Orbs...

this is one of the most photoshopped pictures I've ever seen posted on UA. nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by kts262
    Bringing this back from the dead, at Pal State yesterday several photos I took had fog/haze in them. On some other boards where I've shared these photos, people are freaking out that it's a ghost, etc. I think it was just to the humidity difference from me being hot and sweaty compared to the rest of the air in the room.

http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3133-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3139-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3140-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3164-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3172-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3174-800.jpg

I have a few others photos like this that I didn't put online. For the first takes they were foggy/hazy, the second time they were clear. While taking these I didn't notice any fog in the air inside these buildings.

It was however somewhat foggy in the area yesterday.
    Im gonna have to agree with Blivett... these are either from the worst digital camera ever made or adobe ghosts.

Any attempt at a ghostly sighting will surely be shat on and buried on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Any attempt at a ghostly sighting will surely be shat on and buried on this forum.
    I spit on your spit, I spit on your piss, I shit on your piss, I fart on your shit. . ."
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Blivett
    this is one of the most photoshopped pictures I've ever seen posted on UA. nice job.
    nope, it's not photoshopped at all. i don't even own a copy of photoshop, nor have i pirated it.

i did use some ghetto MS Paint editing on this photo to obscure some location details: http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3149-800.jpg

that's about the extent of my photo editing skills.

as dan said, it may be the camera. it's a canon s50 point and shoot. a good camera, but nothing fancy.

i still stick by the it's the humidity from me being sweaty from being out of shape.

How were you carrying the camera? It's a good possibility you are correct, though that means your camera has some pretty crappy seals. I can understand going from cold to warm or the like but just from your body... goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    How were you carrying the camera? It's a good possibility you are correct, though that means your camera has some pretty crappy seals. I can understand going from cold to warm or the like but just from your body... goodness!
    It was a mix of me holding it and me putting it in it's case and lugging it around.

It was pretty foggy they day I went, pretty cool inside the buildings, and I'm a big fatty so I was sweating like crazy.

The camera has taken a beating too from being taking to clubs/bars/etc back when I used to DJ and other drunk shennanigans.

If it's beat up, yeah I can see where moisture got into it. It's still an interesting image.

Default S50

The s50 is a solid, solid camera. . . . it's a brick!
    Probably the most durable point/shoot Canon ever made (not counting the G5)
    It's the only point/shoot I have ever seen that's made of METAL and weighs in like a 35mm.
    My wife and I have had one for almost 4 years and we have beat the s**t out of it: hiking, biking, skiing, white water rafting, camping, a backup UE camera.
    I cannot imagine what you did to it to get that photographic response.
    The image sensor is the same DIGIC as in the Rebel 300 and 350. . . .
    Last edited by devilc; 12-05-2006 at 01:45 PM.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

i still have no idea what caused it.

here's another example of some of the issues i had:

(linked to since they are 1600x1200)

http://solberg.umd.edu/~kts/IMG_3177.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/~kts/IMG_3178.jpg

the first photo has a haze/fog, the second photo i took was clear. i still think it was due to the weather conditions and me being a big fatty. it's certainly not photoshopped though.

fog and/or orbs = ghosts! every day of the week and twice on sunday. always and 100%
    leave the gun, take the canoli.

I have been to Waverly Hills Sanatorium, it is one of my favorite places. I manned the video camera and my girl friend took stills. At one point in the tour (these are night time tours) the group stops on the 4th floor and we are all instructed to turn off our flashlights and equipment and stand in the dark. Then 2 volunteers are to go to the other end of the hall so that we can focus on them. What you are supposed to see is 'shadow people' walking inbetween us and them at the end of the hall. I personally saw nothing, but then again my eyes are shit in the dark and there was no moon out. But the people at the end of hall got spooked bcause they said they heard stuff behind them. So personally I saw nothing, and don't really believe there is anything there, despite all the stuff the guide told us. Here are some pics, and yep, they have 'orbs' in them if you believe that is what they are. I'm going back again this summer to get day time photos. The place really is amazing. If you want more info on the place or to see all my pictures click here

Orbs?
    What kind of flash were you using?
    Do a side-by-side:
    30" exposure versus Firing a flash
    long exposure will have no orbs
    flash shot will be full of teh scary orbzzzz
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    Orbs?
    What kind of flash were you using?
    Do a side-by-side:
    30" exposure versus Firing a flash
    long exposure will have no orbs
    flash shot will be full of teh scary orbzzzz
    Or use a remote flash at an off angle and the nuclear dust goes away.

Well, I have one you might not be able to explain. (Well you might be able to but Oh well.) Last year we went on a field trip to the Carnton Plantation. It wasa field hospital for the Battle of Murfreesboro in the Civil War. We were out in the gravyard. One of my friends took a picture of a tombstone, in broad daylight, with a disposible camera. She got it developed later and there was a cloud this right beside it. It was strange.

Default ghost clouds

Quote Originally Posted by tholcomb View Post
    Well, I have one you might not be able to explain. (Well you might be able to but Oh well.) Last year we went on a field trip to the Carnton Plantation. It wasa field hospital for the Battle of Murfreesboro in the Civil War. We were out in the gravyard. One of my friends took a picture of a tombstone, in broad daylight, with a disposible camera. She got it developed later and there was a cloud this right beside it. It was strange.
    what time of year? if it was cold and she was exhaling as she took the photo, the cloud was steam from her breath.

leave the gun, take the canoli.

Quote Originally Posted by don corleyone View Post
    what time of year? if it was cold and she was exhaling as she took the photo, the cloud was steam from her breath.

Looks like a spector to me !!!!!and then this one..... explain this one!

Just how the heck did Zwei just vanish walking towards me?
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

Oh no its a walking spirit, back from the grave!

It is also possible that someone set off a fire extinguisher somewhere around the corner in the graveyard and the resulting mist in the air showed up in your photo.

Schmootography.com // blog

Member: TWPKC
    Honorary Member: F/RoX

Quote Originally Posted by schmooo View Post
    It is also possible that someone set off a fire extinguisher somewhere around the corner in the graveyard and the resulting mist in the air showed up in your photo.
    that totally explains it! duh me
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

Quote Originally Posted by schmooo View Post
    bahahaha.. where's shanky at??