Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Haunts, Orbs...

Default Ghosts, Haunts, Orbs...

One of the questions im most frequently asked is about ghosts, haunts or orbs.

I get a lot of email from people asking if Ive ever seen or felt anything strange in the places I go. I do visit a bunch of so called "haunted places" day and night and I have never seen or felt anything.

I don't really believe in the whole ghosts and haunting thing. I truely think "ghost hunters" are idiots claiming dust & water on the lens, cig smoke, lens flare, etc. as ghost spottings. I even lived in a house for 7 years where the previous owners were murdered with a fireplace poker. The blood stains remain on the wood floor. No ghosts or hauntings there...

I think its all total BS.

Whats everyone else's take on the subject?

Level 3 User

on teh nozorz! teh orbz are coming!

indeed, teh BS.

Total BS for sure. The only things that scare me are shitty stairs and deep pools of water in pitch black basements.

I took this picture in the basement of a TB sanitarium in MD. There has been no editing or post processing of any kind done. I have had "paranormal photography experts" tell me that this photo is beyond a shadow of a doubt the spirits of trapped souls.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	henryton-093.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	2
    After seeing this picture I am forced to believe that Light is some crazy stuff that does things we don't understand. There is a better chance of me walking up to an ATM and it just starts spitting money at me, than me seeing a "ghost" that does not exist.
    Level two Jew

FTW!!!

Just another perfect example of what happens when you use a flash in a dusty, damp, dark basement

I do believe in them, only because I saw one in my exgirlfriends house. Althought I did not see any at the abandoned TB hospital.
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Level 3 User

I have been going to places that are supposedly “HAUNTED” for over 20 years; I have seen a lot of strange stuff but no ghost, or spirits…. Most of the time it’s peoples own fears that overwhelm them into believing they saw something that’s not there, as for pictures you can convince 9 out 10 people that it’s something supernatural they are looking at. Here is a picture we took I showed everyone at work they all thought it was ghost, when I told them that it was me they were looking at they didn't believe it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ghost.jpg  

Insane --- is that looks like the bridge near the former st.marys college.

Quote Originally Posted by CEbeling@comcast.net
    Insane --- is that looks like the bridge near the former st.marys college.
    That it does.. from the tunnel side

Level 3 User

You are both correct!

and former St. Mary's it is, CEbeling.

Has anyone watched "Spooked: Ghosts of Waverly Hills Sanatorium" on the SciFi channel? I watched bits and pieces of it last night. It looks like it would be a cool place to explore and they did a good job documenting some of the history but some of it seems made up right out of a Rob Zombie movie. And the whole ghost hunting thing… hilarious! One of the guys got a picture of an "ghost(orb)" at the hospital and was freaked out when the ghost showed up in the same spot of a picture he took at home. Idiot needs to clean his camera and stop smoking crack!

I saw bits and pieces of it also, I thought it would make a great place to explore, but I think they were just trying to fill space now that "Ghost Hunter" season is over.

I watched it, it was cool to see the historical images & clips to get an idea of what these places were really like back in the day and hear about some of the medical procedures they used to use on TB patients. The ghost aspect was pathetic. I loved it when they would show an audio clip of an empty hallway and you hear the static going "khgfdahdsahgsdkfkdjjjd" and the caption is like "Help me 40 year old overweight pasty guy who lives in his parents basement...help me." The fact is, any time you go to these supposedly haunted factories/churches/hospitals you're going to see and hear what you want to. If you go in with the expectation and desire to "feel" something then you probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by mANVIL
    I watched it, it was cool to see the historical images & clips to get an idea of what these places were really like back in the day and hear about some of the medical procedures they used to use on TB patients. The ghost aspect was pathetic. I loved it when they would show an audio clip of an empty hallway and you hear the static going "khgfdahdsahgsdkfkdjjjd" and the caption is like "Help me 40 year old overweight pasty guy who lives in his parents basement...help me." The fact is, any time you go to these supposedly haunted factories/churches/hospitals you're going to see and hear what you want to. If you go in with the expectation and desire to "feel" something then you probably will.
    Its like exploring the day after taco bell... If I had a tape recorder I could pull somethign like this outta the static... "Dude you need to drop the chalupa... NOW!". Thats when I dissapear into the woods for a few

We have been to dozens of "haunted" places both day and night and other than birds scaring me to dead.... NOTHING... EVER! We take hundreds of pics and even video. No orbs, no ghosts... nothing thats not easily explainable...

Actually thats a lie. I was in what was once an above ground mine. There are huge cliffs and stuff.. a few holes. Anyway I was alone and feeling VERY alone and weird. I took a pic and got a glow in the top of a tree. Nothing in the pic before or after. I wanna say it was a bug flying by but I guess Ill never know! Maybe the spirit of a killed miner!!!

Last edited by Dan; 06-08-2006 at 10:36 AM.

In my adventures at pal state hospitalI don't think I have ever had any sort of experience with "ghosts." There was one time when I was there in the afternoon and my friend and I heard doors slam from three different directions almost simultaneously. And then another night we got spooked at the train tunnel. It was incredibly foggy and there was heat lightning. We couldn't see three feet in front of us. Those are the best times to go, though.

it looks like dust to me. lol
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Default late on this one...

I think ALOT of what people claim to be orbs are nothing more then dust or whatever. Alot of people claim they can see faces in them, but you can make anything outta anything if ya try hard enough. I have plenty of pics with "orb" look, but only one ever excited me. One night, my cat was sitting on my lap & next thing I know, he charges into the kitchen & is just staring. I had been having some weird things happening around the house (SERIOUSLY!), so had the digital camera nearby. I snapped 2 pics. In the first one, the cat's staring at, what looks to be, a ball of light. In the pic immediately following from the same spot, the cat's looking away & whatever it was is gone. Could've been just a coincidence, but it was kinda weird. Unfortunatly, it was years ago & I can't find the pic to share.

Bringing this back from the dead, at Pal State yesterday several photos I took had fog/haze in them. On some other boards where I've shared these photos, people are freaking out that it's a ghost, etc. I think it was just to the humidity difference from me being hot and sweaty compared to the rest of the air in the room.

http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3133-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3139-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3140-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3164-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3172-800.jpg
    http://solberg.umd.edu/UE/pal/800/IMG_3174-800.jpg

I have a few others photos like this that I didn't put online. For the first takes they were foggy/hazy, the second time they were clear. While taking these I didn't notice any fog in the air inside these buildings.

It was however somewhat foggy in the area yesterday.

Default I have only seen 1 ghost. . . .

Reposting, I know, but this is the only one I have ever seen!
    It's all BS. If there were indeed ghosts Dan would have a badge for encountering them on a UE.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kts262
    It was however somewhat foggy in the area yesterday.
    haha - it was definitely foggy in the area yesterday. was all over the news and helped out with the already wonderful and amazing traffic. but i bet the guys over at MG will have a field day looking at those.

edit: typo
    Last edited by don corleyone; 12-01-2006 at 10:11 AM.
    leave the gun, take the canoli.