Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Research Challenge

the town name....... hehehehe im off to work, and waiting on the return of some info.
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    the town name....... hehehehe im off to work, and waiting on the return of some info.
    You have already been given that as well as the surrounding town names.

Lazy. . . .
    Again, that place was built to be a church.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    Lazy. . . .
    Again, that place was built to be a church.
    Bah, quit whining and put your resources to work and find this place before maypost just drives up there and shows us all up!

LOL And he'ld do it too, just 'cause he can!

Manvil knows it
    "As a community we are united in our struggle, we say yes to life, no to things which threaten to destory us. Today we move towards a lifstyle of human values, based on love, governed by honesty, and secured by trust. No longer do we stand alone. We must be as open as the air, with the will to survive, the will to learn, and the will to create. We are a creative force motivated by each other. For the will of the people is the greatest force conceivable." - written on wall of mental hospital

Quote Originally Posted by mANVIL View Post
    Manvil knows it
    Of course he does!

Is there anything you don't know, Matt?

Mattaewan / Gowanda
    "As a community we are united in our struggle, we say yes to life, no to things which threaten to destory us. Today we move towards a lifstyle of human values, based on love, governed by honesty, and secured by trust. No longer do we stand alone. We must be as open as the air, with the will to survive, the will to learn, and the will to create. We are a creative force motivated by each other. For the will of the people is the greatest force conceivable." - written on wall of mental hospital

Oh we'll definatly be stopping by this place on saturday.

Time is ticking!

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe....

but i only had a few minutes. was busy busy all damn day.
    leave the gun, take the canoli.

ok this may be a dead end...... but its the only lead I couldnt finish researching, The Tipuhato house and estate of Highfield/Cascade md.....supposed to be haunted blah blah blah..... the only thing that keeps coming up in research is that stupid eastghost haunted onlinezine and that wont give you even a picture or addy either, Antietem cable did a documentery on it though. maybe someone can finish this lead up?
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

Must not forget to check this out tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    ok this may be a dead end...... but its the only lead I couldnt finish researching, The Tipuhato house and estate of Highfield/Cascade md.....supposed to be haunted blah blah blah..... the only thing that keeps coming up in research is that stupid eastghost haunted onlinezine and that wont give you even a picture or addy either, Antietem cable did a documentery on it though. maybe someone can finish this lead up?
    Its deffinetly not that.

Default This one?

See MAnvil for interiors.

It's the other church of The Transfiguration.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Well, you guys definitely get an A+ for effort. Unfortunately, now I see why someone said it was being used as a junkyard.

I like how the sun is hitting the tip of the roof in the 3rd shot, btw.

Good job devilc! I compltely forgot about this while leaving hagerstown. I can't wait to see how the inside looks.

I'll make a more detailed location post w/ pics in the lev 3 next week, but safe to say this place was a letdown. It was completely gutted and being used for storage. Very little remained that would remind you of a church at all. A family of skunks was also living inside with about 75 pigeons flying and shitting all over the place. If you're in the area for other things it may be worth a stop but don't plan on spending more than 15 minutes there.

Level 1 User

Default Odd place

Sad how badly this place has deteriorated. I was up here a few years ago and I don't remember all the junk being there, but I was just driving by and didn't have time then to stop. This is one of two abandoned headstones I found up there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by newwindsor View Post
    Sad how badly this place has deteriorated. I was up here a few years ago and I don't remember all the junk being there, but I was just driving by and didn't have time then to stop. This is one of two abandoned headstones I found up there yesterday.

Cool pic & Welcome to the site!

I saw the headstones too and took some shots of them.
    There were more than 2 - if I recall.
    All of them had the same names, different dates.
    As we left town, we passed a headstone shop - probably practice granite.
    Thomas Jefferson