Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Hells Yea!

Thumbs down Oh Hells Yea!

For our MD location hunters...

Live Local has expanded their "bird's eye" coverage from what used to be only inside the beltway to the entire county and then some!!! Go crazy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails belk01.jpg   belk02.jpg   nike03.jpg  

AV's dream of armchair exploring has become reality!
    Praise hell.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by devilc View Post
    AV's dream of armchair exploring has become reality!
    Praise hell.
    Im a huge fan of arm chair "research". The massive database on this site we all love wouldnt exist without it

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Im a huge fan of arm chair "research". The massive database on this site we all love wouldnt exist without it
    what does that mean? That the infomation you have on the locations would not be complete, or that a large number of the places never would have been discovered?

Sure, the data is augmented, but I would claim that very few places on this site, or in the "DB", were actually discovered via live local.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    what does that mean? That the infomation you have on the locations would not be complete, or that a large number of the places never would have been discovered?

Sure, the data is augmented, but I would claim that very few places on this site, or in the "DB", were actually discovered via live local.
    Mainly the history behind the places and future plans. I never visit the library or historical society so the computer is where its at for me. Live local images are just really cool maps.
    Last edited by Dan; 03-01-2007 at 08:14 AM.

i have noticed that lately, as for when i get bored i try to find new places. It has worked. They also updated AZ as well. Speaking of which...i am going to create a new post about a location found using live local....

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    I would claim that very few places on this site, or in the "DB", were actually discovered via live local.
    You are right, they would have been discovered eventually (by nomads like nosey)... but Live Local has simply sped up the process.

hm, after looking some places up in birds eye view, it will tell me that location is no longer available in birds eye view when coming back 10 minutes later......hm. This was up in rockvile....I'm guessing I'm not "supposed" to be able to look up that far, after a few minutes it kicks in the regular areal view

More birdseye updates!

-Harford Co
    -APG
    -Parts of Cecil including bainbridge.

wating for carroll county
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Quote Originally Posted by KosherBenz View Post
    wating for carroll county
    you might be waiting for awhile. Pittsburg doesnt even have Birdseye
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

poop
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    you might be waiting for awhile. Pittsburg doesnt even have Birdseye
    FUCKING A MAN.

Philly, Buffalo, Baltimore, Washington, Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Youngstown, Rochester all have birds eye and pittsburgh doesnt. Hell, even nearby Erie PA has birds eye and Pittsburgh doesnt. I guess having a unique geographical landscape, the most # of bridges of any city in the world, and a trove or architectural and historically significant buildings isn't enough. Sorry they havent had time to update the images there, Cecil County Maryland needs birds eye. Fuck you local live.

/rant
    "As a community we are united in our struggle, we say yes to life, no to things which threaten to destory us. Today we move towards a lifstyle of human values, based on love, governed by honesty, and secured by trust. No longer do we stand alone. We must be as open as the air, with the will to survive, the will to learn, and the will to create. We are a creative force motivated by each other. For the will of the people is the greatest force conceivable." - written on wall of mental hospital

Quote Originally Posted by mANVIL View Post
    FUCKING A MAN.

Philly, Buffalo, Baltimore, Washington, Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Youngstown, Rochester all have birds eye and pittsburgh doesnt. Hell, even nearby Erie PA has birds eye and Pittsburgh doesnt. I guess having a unique geographical landscape, the most # of bridges of any city in the world, and a trove or architectural and historically significant buildings isn't enough. Sorry they havent had time to update the images there, Cecil County Maryland needs birds eye. Fuck you local live.

/rant
    Problem is not selection by microsoft virtual earth... They take only what is available to them. Lets say the harford co. sheriff pays for aerial imaging or the another agency pays for coverage in a specific city.

They go to companies like pictometry.com who in-turn sell the images to microsoft. Maybe we should all get a Pittsburgh donation going and just pay pictometry ourselves cause obviously no one in Pitt cares what they look like from above

i got $5 on it.
    leave the gun, take the canoli.

More birdseye updates!

-Harford Co
    -APG
    -Parts of Cecil including bainbridge.
    Oh Hells Yea!

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by don corleyone View Post
    i got $5 on it.
    shotgun

p.s. is it just me or is the new interface more buggy than the old one??

p.s.s. What if we could somehow get super secret access to everything pictometry has? do they have their own browsing software/database?

Quote Originally Posted by fatLouie View Post
    shotgun

p.s. is it just me or is the new interface more buggy than the old one??

p.s.s. What if we could somehow get super secret access to everything pictometry has? do they have their own browsing software/database?
    I'm pretty sure pictometry has their own database/viewer you just need to pay huge $$$ to get access.

The new interface does have issues... like no "copy link" in the share section.

Level 3 User

I'm pretty sure pictometry has their own database/viewer you just need to pay huge $$$ to get access.

Or know someone who has a hookup...

sanborn maps are pricey (not pictometry pricey) but I still had access to them.

Level 3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    Pittsburg doesnt even have Birdseye
    Because everytime they fly over to take pics, the pilots smell Iron City brewing, and they crash because of the horrid stench