Thread: Dreaming of abandonments

Default Dreaming of abandonments

You ever have one of those wierd dreams a night while you sleep,that you was inside an abandoned building?

Dreaming of finding a new spot or going back into a location you have already been into before. Walking down the hallway in a abandoned asylum alone at night with only a flashlight. being cought by people that you dont know, or runing into the wrong crowd. finding new rooms at a location you been to before?

A dream unifies the body, mind, and spirit. where the rules of reality do not apply.
    it provides a insight into ourselves, and a means for self-exploration.

I have dreams that im in a new abandoned asylum I have never been to before, some times the dream is recurring, with some minor details changed.
    The location will be the same however the hallways change and the rooms take on new shape and the decay is always changing.
    I am always alone and the time of day changes quick, from dusk to dawn. I have a fear of being cought, i see paranormal activity and the walls move and take on a new direction of travel through out teh building always geting lost i find my way out to be only in a field looking back at where i came out of to only see a small abandoned house.

I posted below a few sniplets from a website about dreams and there meanings> (however some these meanings fit my life when some are totely off)

Abandonment
    To dream that you are abandoned, suggests that it is time to leave behind past feelings and characteristics that are hindering your own growth. Let go of your old attitudes. A more direct and literal interpretation of this dream is that you have a fear of being deserted, abandoned, or even betrayed. Do you feel that people are neglecting your feelings?
    Dreaming that you are abandoned, may stem from a recent loss or a fear of losing a loved one. The fear of abandonment may manifest itself into your dream and is part of the healing process of dealing with losing a loved one. It may also stem from unresolved feelings or problems from childhood.
    To abandon others in your dream, suggests that you are overwhelmed by the problems and decisions in your life.

Building
    To see a building in your dream, represents the self and the body. How high you are in the building indicates a rising level of understanding or awareness. If you are in the lower levels of the building, then it refers to more primal attitudes and/or sexuality.
    To see a building in ruins or damaged, indicates that your approach toward a situation or relationship is all wrong. You need to change. Your own self-image may have suffered and taken some blow.
    To dream that you or someone fall off a building, suggests that you are descending into the realm of unconscious. You are learning about and acknowledging aspects of your unconscious. Alternatively, it symbolizes your fear of not being able to complete or succeeding in a task.

Recurring Dreams>

Most dreams contain messages that serve to teach us something about ourselves. Unfortunately many a times we forget what we dream about as we go about our daily routine. With recurring dreams, the message may be so important and/or powerful that it just will not go away. The frequent repetition of such dreams forces you to pay attention and confront the dream. The dream is trying desperately to tell you something. Such dreams are often nightmarish or frightening in their content, which also helps you to take notice and pay attention to them.
    Recurring dreams are quite common and are often triggered by a certain life situation or a problem that keeps coming back again and again. These dreams may recur daily, once a week, or once a month, but whatever the frequency, there is little variation in the dream content itself. It usually points to a personal weakness, fear, or your inability to cope with something in your life - past or present.
    The repetitive patterns in your dream can reveal some of the most valuable information on yourself. It may point to a conflict, situation or matter in your waking life that remains unresolved or unsettled. Or some urgent underlying message in your unconscious is demanding to be understood.
    Following are some tips in overcoming your recurring dreams.
    1. In understanding your recurring dream, you must be willing to accept some sort of change or undergo a transformation.
    2. You must be willing to look within yourself and confront whatever you may find no matter how difficult it my be.
    3. You must be able to look at the dream from an objective point of view. Try to get pass the emotional and reactive elements of the dream and get down to the symbolic images. Many times dreams are masked by elements that are disturbing preventing you to delve any deeper. This is a defense mechanism that your unconscious may be putting up.
    4. Be patient. Do not get discourage if these dreams still recur even after you thought you have come to understand them.
    5. Learn to accept yourself truly and fully.
    Often times, once you discover what your recurring dream is trying to tell you, these dreams will change or altogether disappear.
    MD/DE-crew

Haha, I was just talking to Manvil about this a few days ago. After the wave of breaker photos hit the gallery I had a dream I went there on a solo mission. It was like UE on steroids. The building was like 10x as big and towered into the clouds like something from a sci-fi movie. Was super cool but when I was leaving I got hit by a train and died.

I don't know about interpreting dreams (I think some are insightful, but some dreams are also just psychic trash) but i often have ones where I'm exploring or just in an abandoned building. I haven't had anything weird come of it yet - usually the location is only the background and whatever action is taking place is completely unrelated.

Schmootography.com // blog

Member: TWPKC
    Honorary Member: F/RoX

hmmm interesting!

I've had dreams where I'm in abandoned buildings too, a few times I fell through the floor, or couldn't find my way back out, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    After the wave of breaker photos hit the gallery I had a dream I went there on a solo mission.
    -That's because you felt deep guilt and sadness for missing my birthday road-trip and 5-degree temperatures to shoot 3 amazing locations!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm rezzing this thread because I had a very vivid one last night about reaching the holy grail of asylums. Supposedly it was a place on a small island in the middle of a lake, and there were two levels of security, one with circling helicopters examining anyone crossing the second field. And one cliff that required rappelling.

The kicker was that the only viable entrance to the building on the island was through a hole in an underwater fence, and the lake was guarded by a great white shark. It was fed only late in the afternoon, so that was the only possible time to swim through.

I was mostly concerned about the fact that by the time you got in that late, there was little light for photos. Nevermind the fact that I had no idea how any sort of underwater housing for my camera would have fit in my bag.

Schmootography.com // blog

Member: TWPKC
    Honorary Member: F/RoX

I had a dream the other night that I was on a roof of a building at Central Islip (I have never been) and I was looking out across a city (which was downtown Chattanooga) and I saw Building 93 of KP and I said that I would go there next. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by schmooo View Post
    I'm rezzing this thread because I had a very vivid one last night about reaching the holy grail of asylums. Supposedly it was a place on a small island in the middle of a lake, and there were two levels of security, one with circling helicopters examining anyone crossing the second field. And one cliff that required rappelling.

The kicker was that the only viable entrance to the building on the island was through a hole in an underwater fence, and the lake was guarded by a great white shark. It was fed only late in the afternoon, so that was the only possible time to swim through.

I was mostly concerned about the fact that by the time you got in that late, there was little light for photos. Nevermind the fact that I had no idea how any sort of underwater housing for my camera would have fit in my bag.
    Maybe there are reasons for dreams?????? lol watch the movie "Waking Life"
    good stuff.

And Schmoo I had a dream just the other night about reprelling and a tunnel, odd huh? haha
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.

F/RoX

i had a dream that i was exploreing a glass factory. i came to a door that had a paper sign saying do not enter this room. so i went in and it was flooded and a whole bunch of wierd shit happened