Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Abandoned farmhouse in Ann Arundel

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default Abandoned farmhouse in Ann Arundel

    I discovered an abandoned farmhouse complex consisting of 2 barns and 3 houses (1 intact, 1 burned down, and 1 just completely demolished) off of Ann Arundel blvd in an industrial complex. Does anyone else know about this? I would have taken pictures but I did not have my camera. The barns are in pretty good condition, however, it seems that there are a lot of paintballers who use this place for an urban type enviroment, so its mildly trashed.

    Anyone else been here? I'm not sure of the rules posting locations so someone let me know.

  2. #2
    Level 1 User Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    abadoned farmhouse in Anne Arundel.. hmm never heard of that one! Sounds like a pretty good find. I'd love to see some pictures of it sometime

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    abadoned farmhouse in Anne Arundel.. hmm never heard of that one! Sounds like a pretty good find. I'd love to see some pictures of it sometime
    I'll try to get out there again sometime soon, and bring my camera. The barns are neat, and the house has a lot of the previous occupants clothes and pictures scattered in the attic and around the floors.

    Real neat stuff.

  4. #4
    Level 1 User Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    I love it when people leave their things behind. It gives you a great oppertunity to learn about the past owners..their life.. their legacy. Angie and I once found these old photos at a hospital, of kids playing on the swings, basketball, and group shots. It really brought a new life to the place!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I love it when people leave their things behind. It gives you a great oppertunity to learn about the past owners..their life.. their legacy. Angie and I once found these old photos at a hospital, of kids playing on the swings, basketball, and group shots. It really brought a new life to the place!
    going tommorow with my buddy, his dog and his kid to take pictures!


    I'll get back to you guys with a new UE site! I'll start a new thread about it but like I said, I don't know if I should post directions or now, its insanely easy to get to, so someone give me some direction here. Do I post directions or not?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikdavi84 View Post
    going tommorow with my buddy, his dog and his kid to take pictures!


    I'll get back to you guys with a new UE site! I'll start a new thread about it but like I said, I don't know if I should post directions or now, its insanely easy to get to, so someone give me some direction here. Do I post directions or not?
    edit: actually, we are getting stir crazy (read, blazing drunk) and are about to take some night pictures with a nikon film camera. still going tommorow to take some digital pictures for you guys immediate viewing pleasure.

    Wish us luck!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default *new pictures* AS PROMISED! anne arundel farmhouse.....

    as promised here are the current night shots of the abandoned anne arundel farmhouse. Sorry if they didn't turn out excellent, as you can see in some of the shots, the nikon my buddy is carrying is 35mm film and since these pictures were just taken, the best shots are still trapped in the camera so we are stuck with the digital pictures until we get those developed.

    my ugly butt with the flashlight


    trapdoor on 2nd floor of barn #2


    upstairs, barn #2


    3rd floor, barn #2


    burnt down house, pretty much all that is left is some cinder block walls and beams


    wrecked house







    anyways, there is a few more buildings that we didn't catch because of limited space on the digicam. The main house, which is extremely creepy at night, barn #1, and more detailed shots of the other buildings. The site is composed of 5 buildings: 2 barns, 1 burned down house, one screwed up house (pictured), and the main house, (not pictured). We are going to return tommorow and get better shots.

    let me know what you guys think! I'm glad I can finally start contributing to the site.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    craig and our faithful attack mutt, mai-tai

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    me at the 2nd floor stairwell landing of barn #2. I need to shave and sober up.

  10. #10
    Level 3 User YellowSled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Ohhh No! Tell me i dont see a time date stamp.
    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KosherBenz View Post
    Ohhh No! Tell me i dont see a time date stamp.
    is that not kosher?

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default









































  13. #13

    Default

    ummm yup looks like time and date stamps.
    - has never been arrested for "Moapery"... just for the record.


    F/RoX

  14. #14
    Level 3 User YellowSled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    anyone wanna go in on flipping this place with me. Ill buy it, you fix it, and ill sell it. All it needs is some paint and TLC

    ~Evan~ UA member #12
    Kosher Sausage, what?

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid? View Post
    ummm yup looks like time and date stamps.
    is that bad? this is my first time posting pictures

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KosherBenz View Post
    anyone wanna go in on flipping this place with me. Ill buy it, you fix it, and ill sell it. All it needs is some paint and TLC

    to be honest with you I am suprised there are no homeless living there. With the amount of bums in laurel and anne arundel you'd think they'd find it.

  17. #17
    Reality Hacker Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Thats cool your dog goes with you. If my Husky didnt always wanna run away he would go everywhere with me too.

    Oh and Im gonna jump on the bandwagon... Turn off those eyesore date stamps. Those are only for freaks trying to document fake ghost sightings

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft meade
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thats cool your dog goes with you. If my Husky didnt always wanna run away he would go everywhere with me too.

    Oh and Im gonna jump on the bandwagon... Turn off those eyesore date stamps. Those are only for freaks trying to document fake ghost sightings
    not my dog, its my buddies. We're in the same unit and we discovered the place together.

    Not my camera either once I steal mine back from my fiance I'll make sure to turn them off

  19. #19
    Level 1 User Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikdavi84 View Post
    is that bad? this is my first time posting pictures
    Don't worry, KosherBenz used to do that ALL the time.

  20. #20
    Level 1 User Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bainbridge USNB
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Great pix man love the find.
    The time date stamps are deff a eye sore and ruin the image.

    Trap door ehh? whats inside?
    MD/DE-crew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •